Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Black Stallion

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
Hey guys. Checking back in after about 3 years since being on the forums. Left my desk job back in 2017 to become a welder and since I’m not at a computer anymore I rarely have access to one during the day. Wanted to share a few pics of this schott black stallion I bought back in 2015 and have been wearing ever since. Rode from MA out to OH with it and it handled the torrential downpours without issue. I had an old thread from way back then which you can find here on the forums to see pics from 2017 vs now. Still loving it, and feel like it was the best $480 I ever spent.
3CCB5652-0D98-42EB-AB3F-C527EBF64920.jpeg
0D185845-599A-4503-89BB-42AA39C9B5EF.jpeg
1DED65B9-48D9-4484-80C3-3D8EB12A6AD1.jpeg
2D72EFF2-7336-4DC1-B483-F5C493D786F9.jpeg
4727E7EA-DF49-4719-9FFD-B78FCE540183.jpeg

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
It’s hard to believe it’s been worn for five years though, it honestly looks about the same as it did three years ago. With a little more dirt and beer spilled on it haha.

Took it with me to the Deadbeat retreat up in Maine this past year, pretty wild chopper show if any of you are in the northeast and looking for a great bike event this summer

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
I feel the same way. That shine creates a really stark contrast when the jacket creases and visually I think it’s just the perfect combo. I had a 118 before which never had quite that same look

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Looks amazing! Well worn but still a few years from completely broken in, like it ought to be! :)

If I'm not mistaken, the first time I saw this jacket, it was hanging in an office cubicle. Fades and tea core and all that stuff aside, ultimately, this is what I want my leather jacket to look like after 3 years of everyday wear. So much character while still looking new enough to remove any fear it's ever going to fail you. This is the stuff people are going to be paying thousands for 40 years from now. Thank you for sharing this. I mean it.

AmericanIron

One of the Regulars
If I'm not mistaken, the first time I saw this jacket, it was hanging in an office cubicle. Fades and tea core and all that stuff aside, ultimately, this is what I want my leather jacket to look like after 3 years of everyday wear. So much character while still looking new enough to remove any fear it's ever going to fail you. This is the stuff people are going to be paying thousands for 40 years from now. Thank you for sharing this. I mean it.

Monitor, I remember you from three years ago, we had talked about this jacket and several others. That office picture was mine, taken in the cubicle I left behind to pursue a welding career and I haven’t looked back (besides the jacket).

The jacket feels almost the same now as it did back then, still very strong, but certainly not quite as aggressive as it did at first. I remember balling it up on my chair and sitting on it to knock some of the newness out when it first arrived lol.

nowadays it’s soft enough to slip on and feel unencumbered by it. Just took a trip down to Asbury park NJ for the cheap thrills chopper show and had a few people ask about it down there where you tend to see a lot of foreign made jackets simulating these schotts. The D pocket also fits a smith and Wesson 442 like it was made for it which is a nice addition

Attachments

• E1D961F8-A0D7-4646-89F2-4D209DEC9362.jpeg
    E1D961F8-A0D7-4646-89F2-4D209DEC9362.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 999
Last edited:
Monitor, I remember you from three years ago, we had talked about this jacket and several others. That office picture was mine, taken in the cubicle I left behind to pursue a welding career and I haven’t looked back (besides the jacket).

The jacket feels almost the same now as it did back then, still very strong, but certainly not quite as aggressive as it did at first. I remember balling it up on my chair and sitting on it to knock some of the newness out when it first arrived lol.

nowadays it’s soft enough to slip on and feel unencumbered by it. Just took a trip down to Asbury park NJ for the cheap thrills chopper show and had a few people ask about it down there where you tend to see a lot of foreign made jackets simulating these schotts. The D pocket also fits a smith and Wesson 442 like it was made for it which is a nice addition

That's exactly how my 618HH felt after only two months of wear, and just as everyone began noticing it and telling me wow that's such a cool jacket, I decided that it's too large and sold it. It wasn't but since it didn't fit me like it was painted on, of course I was stupid enough to think it was.

But yeah, it looks awesome!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how come you decided to switch a desk job for welding? I'm seriously considering quitting my job right now because it's slowly killing my brain and sitting there makes me miserable but I've no clue what to do... So I'm just curious to hear more perspectives.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A very reasonably priced copy of the Buco J-24. I was looking everywhere for this Black Stallion when I first started looking for a D pocket. Didn't find one in my size. Ended up getting a Schott 1928H and then a Lost Worlds, a RM and a the Few.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk