Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Perfecto 125 Horsehide

Chris7273

One of the Regulars
Hello
I have always liked the perfecto with laces on the back and no belt.
I tried a brown version last year and I found out that I need a size up. (42 in place of my 40). I was very sad because this brown jacket was absolutely mint despite being 30 years old.
I have now found a Schott 125 in black, size 42 and the label says 125H. Following my post on the Schott forum, it could mean "horsehide". I am quite happy :) I can't detect if it's steer or horse but the leather is smooth, thin but strong. The stictching has a brownish hue.
The liner is missing but that's no big deal.
After some reading on the schott forum, the jacket was made before 1993 (no bar code on the label) and maybe mid eighties...
A happy Christophe
IMG_2465.JPG
IMG_2466.JPG
IMG_2467.JPG
IMG_2468.JPG

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I believe the "H" means Horsehide, but could be mistaken. Monitor -- where are you? :)

Congratulations on this find! Looks very nice and glad it fits you better. Awesome to find vintage stock that actually fits....

Chris7273

One of the Regulars
Thank you. The fit is ok but a bit boxy. It's not a slim fit, I would say "confortable" and functional. But still "badass" ;-)

SinSir

A-List Customer
I believe the "H" means Horsehide, but could be mistaken. Monitor -- where are you? :)

Congratulations on this find! Looks very nice and glad it fits you better. Awesome to find vintage stock that actually fits....
You're correct H is for horsehide and its all about the fit! An ok jacket that fits is better than the best jacket that doesn't.

Nice jacket and congrats OP!

JacketAddict

One of the Regulars
Go to the Schott website - there is a forum there you can ask your question - unless you got the answer you want. She will also give you other information about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB