Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Perfecto questions

Ridedeluxehd

New in Town
I was wondering if anyone had kinda a secret about were to buy Schott a little cheaper than their website. I am wanting to buy new or like new condition. Model 118 (maybe)? I was wondering also if anyone has experience with the 618/613 model. a little worried about the length. I do ride but would really not want it to ride up in the back.

I do think the steer-hide would be better than the naked cowhide, as I like a durable jacket. I have a Legendary Black stallion in Horse, but it is a size 50 and over the past few have lost alot of weight. Now looking for a 42 chest size

The length does worry me, but I am only 6'. Some have said on Schott web site the 618/613 run short. not sure a 24" length would work even when I measure not sure how to tell.

Would anyone on here have some photos of either model, and maybe compare lengths.

I have one more thing to ask, If anyone would like or be interested in my black stallion I would work with them.

Peacoat

Bartender
I don't have the answers to your questions as I am more interested in the Perfectos from the late 40s and early 50s--the 613 and the 618 in the HH. There should be someone here who can help you out; in the meantime, welcome to the Lounge.

Ridedeluxehd

New in Town
Thanks, My father has a really cool Grais "original HH" That I love. Too bad its in a 38 or 40. I was telling him about how much some are bringing on the ebay. expecting him to say sell in, nope he says well i should take better care of it! lol he bought in in like 1955 and said maybe paid $35. wow should have bought a truck load!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I was wondering if anyone had kinda a secret about were to buy Schott a little cheaper than their website. I am wanting to buy new or like new condition. Model 118 (maybe)? I was wondering also if anyone has experience with the 618/613 model. a little worried about the length. I do ride but would really not want it to ride up in the back.

I do think the steer-hide would be better than the naked cowhide, as I like a durable jacket. I have a Legendary Black stallion in Horse, but it is a size 50 and over the past few have lost alot of weight. Now looking for a 42 chest size

The length does worry me, but I am only 6'. Some have said on Schott web site the 618/613 run short. not sure a 24" length would work even when I measure not sure how to tell.

Would anyone on here have some photos of either model, and maybe compare lengths.

I have one more thing to ask, If anyone would like or be interested in my black stallion I would work with them.

A few things:

Good 3.5 oz naked cow is as tough as steer. But naked cow will fade with UV light much quicker.

If you're 6 feet or more, many recommend you get the Schott in a tall size. I personally at 6 feet 2 would not wear anything with a back length of less than 26.5 inches. Photos are not much use as the key to fit is the length of your torso and someone of a similar hight may be of vastly different proportions. Why not try some jackets of that length - a Dickies work jacket is about 24 inches - and see how it looks.

Schott has recently clamped down on website dealers so they are not as easy to source. Just google Schott products and see what comes up.

Ridedeluxehd

New in Town
A few things:

Good 3.5 oz naked cow is as tough as steer. But naked cow will fade with UV light much quicker.

If you're 6 feet or more, many recommend you get the Schott in a tall size. I personally at 6 feet 2 would not wear anything with a back length of less than 26.5 inches. Photos are not much use as the key to fit is the length of your torso and someone of a similar hight may be of vastly different proportions. Why not try some jackets of that length - a Dickies work jacket is about 24 inches - and see how it looks.

Schott has recently clamped down on website dealers so they are not as easy to source. Just google Schott products and see what comes up.

I do think the 613/618 would be too short at 24". The problem is I would really like to have the steer hide. I think the 118 is 26" and this would work but it's in naked cow hide does any one have shots to compare. I do have a carhartt Detroit jacket with 23" back length and yes it is way short!

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
Hello, I usually from an ebay seller called "still made in the usa". I got from him the PER2 and the 641XX, he's located in NJ and he personally goes to the factory and pick up jackets.

For the lenght, I think that 24" is the perfect length for the perfecto, one of the few reason I don't like the PER2 is that it's too long, 26", if you like HH you can try to see if you can find that jacket...

Ridedeluxehd

New in Town
Hello, I usually from an ebay seller called "still made in the usa". I got from him the PER2 and the 641XX, he's located in NJ and he personally goes to the factory and pick up jackets.

For the lenght, I think that 24" is the perfect length for the perfecto, one of the few reason I don't like the PER2 is that it's too long, 26", if you like HH you can try to see if you can find that jacket...

Would you be able to provide the sellers actual name. I can't seem to get a good search result. Thanks edit I found the seller!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch