Schott vintage racer 654? Brown 40/42ish

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead, Dec 2, 2021.

1. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

This one hurts because it fits so well and finding these in good condition is becoming harder. But it's not getting wears. Bought a few more I didn't plan on and trying to trim down to "only" 12 again lol.

I'd say 9 out of 10. Few loose threads here and there. Original talon zip in great condition. One of the shoulder/armpit seams was reinforced with extra stitches but it looks and feels solid. Well conditioned. One of the best racer designs ever. Feels like a loose 40 or tight 42. Gussets let you push it for that true racer fit.

$350 ppff conus shipping included. 20211201_211954.jpg 20211201_212022.jpg 20211201_212035.jpg 20211201_212106.jpg 20211201_212126.jpg 20211201_212150.jpg

Mrfrown, jay_cali, JMax and 5 others like this.
  2. jonbuilder

jonbuilder My Mail is Forwarded Here

I like it but like you, I am trying to thin out the heard not buy more jackets GLWS

jay_cali likes this.
  3. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Aint that crazy. I blink and all of a sudden I got jackets laying out on the floor. I think at 12 I can kind of justify (still crazy I know) but sort of a 1 per month kind of thing. Won't be too sad if this one doesn't sell because I have another two or three that I think can move fairly quickly. Then I need to just stop LOL.

jonbuilder likes this.
  4. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ One Too Many

Trade you for the exact same amazing Schott bros in 42 ;). Just a tad roomy on me.

5. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Is yours bigger than this? Mine is tagged 42 but you know it's vintage 42, so probably closer to 40. It fits me with a 42 chest but definitely on the snug side.

6. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ One Too Many

Slightly larger up top bot noticeable longer. 26.25 back and the front zipper starts like 4.5" from bottom hem. Almost a different design

7. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

I think there were a few variations. For instance, I've seen some that don't have wind flaps, others that do. I think it's based on Beck 666 but like usual Schott, they're adding a few twists and turns. Anyway, I don't need any more jackets LOL. Really need to stop for a few months at least.

8. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Bump. Lets come down to $320 ppff conus shipping. Got my eye on something else. It never ends LOL.

9. MATTHEW WELLS

MATTHEW WELLS New in Town

I am interested, please let me know you would like to proceed.

10. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Hey Matthew. I responded to your message. I'll respond to you with details. Thanks.

11. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Sold. Love seeing these jackets staying on the boards. In case I change my mind and want to buy back LOL : )

12. MATTHEW WELLS

MATTHEW WELLS New in Town

Arrived today! It is in great shape just as you said. My son is already asking if he can wear it. Thanks again for the great jacket and the super fast shipping!

13. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Right on! Glad it worked out. Give that thing some fresh air like it deserves. Needs to be at 70 mph and not at the back of a closet.

Al 916 and MATTHEW WELLS like this.