Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sears - Hercules D-pocket FQHH- Size 46

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Already on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/153801475180?ul_noapp=true

Original Condition 1950's Sears - Hercules Front Quarter Horse Hide Motorcycle Jacket! In Amazingly good condition for it's age. D-pocket jacket with original leather pocket zipper pulls! Check out the back detailing on this jacket too. Has Quilted Red lining that is nearly perfect, just a few sweat marks around collar from wear. No tears, scratches inside or out. Also has corduroy around the bottom of the liner, and under each armpit for durability. Check out the photos, this jacket was built very well to last. There is some taper toward the waist, so bear that in mind when deciding about fit. Also note the sleeve, torso and back lengths, this is a short-fitting jacket.

Being a Vintage product, this jacket does have a very "vintage" smell - not overly smelly, it just does not smell new. Note the Talon zippers, and the interesting mix of brass Talons for sleeve zips and nickel Talons for the other zippers. All appear to be original. The left side "action back" area appears to have been re-stitched at some point, that's the only repair work I can find on this jacket.

No reserve auction!

Dimensions are:
Pit to Pit - 24.5"
Shoulder - 20.5"
Waist - 21.5
Sleeve Straight - 24.5"
Sleeve around - 26"
Torso length (Straight down front below collar) - 20.5"
Back Length - 22"

Selling this one via ebay only...thanks

DSC_0293.JPG
DSC_0289.JPG
DSC_0296.JPG
DSC_0413.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0415.JPG
    DSC_0415.JPG
    622.3 KB · Views: 547

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I owned that jacket. It is nice. I just purchased the same model in a smaller size. These are very nice Horsehide jackets. Very comfortable to me.

Good luck Randy!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Thanks Terry - a little more Torso & Sleeve length and it would be a lifer jacket for me. Pretty close to your Avatair tag actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB