Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

See these?

Wild Root

Gone Home
Now, the ever famous 2nd Class pool! This is a hot spot for the paranormal so I'm told.
This is how the pool looked when it was completed in 1936. Looks much the same today! But in this shot, it’s fresh and new with no history.

Dalexs

Practically Family
Great pictures Wildroot!

Makes me wish November would get here already!

As I looked at the photos, I kept saying to myself "been there, sat there..."

Thanks

Dalexs

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Originally posted by Wild Root
Here are some photos I found of the SS Queen Mary. I hope you enjoy these.

Root.

Not to nit-pick, but she's the RMS Queen Mary, not SS. MK will have kittens if he hears you call his ship that! :eek:
Great pics though. The night shots under construction are very nice. I agree with you about the perspective shot of the automobile on the dock in front of her bow.

Michaelson

One Too Many
That's definitely a pre-inservice shot of the 2nd class swimming pool. Notice the diving board is still installed. It was removed after the first crossing, as folks found that when you dove off the board, what you landed in was decided by what the ship was doing at the time. You may have a 4 foot drop to the water, or you may have a 10 foot drop! A bit disconcerting. The board was removed, and the slide left.

GREAT photos. I found myself doing the same thing Dalexs was doing...'been there, and there, and there...."

High regards. Michaelson

Bogie1943

Practically Family
PBG, I was just about to post the same thing, thank the lord I am not the only one that nit-picky, lol. Those are some grat photos though, she still looks glorious.

Wild Root

Gone Home
You know what, you are so right! It is the RMS QM. The site that I found these at called it the SS QM. Funny how they got it wrong. When I read SS QM, I was confused at that. Well Hulton Getty, you goofed! MK, if you have looked at this page, know that I knew that she is the RMS and not SS Queen Mary.

Regards,

Root.

PS. She still looks good today, but from with in, she has been raped! Still lots of original parts, but lots of modern BS remodeling below decks as well.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Very interesting! The diving boards didn’t make too much sense to me as well. Yes, those shots of the 1st and 2nd Class pools where taken before her madden voyage.

Here is a swell shot of a man reading. Its shots like these that tell a story. Just an ordinary passenger finding a quiet place to read a book on a ship full of busy party people.

Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy