Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Selentino Tonak hat cache

I just ran across a nice guy in Riverside, California who stumbled upon a large horde off NOS SELENTINO Tonak 100% fur felt hats he's selling for $40 plus shipping. These look like what the Burlington Coat Factory sold a few years back. Interestingly, he has a lot of hard to find large sizes. Be warned, some of the colors are....a bit unconventional. It sounds as if he has over a hundred of them, but he's listing them slowly on eBay. His eBay name is imodify and you can find his hats by searching for his listings. I've already bought a pumpkin colored one a a purple. I only wish the brims were a bit wider.

IMG_1637.PNG

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just ran across a nice guy in Riverside, California who stumbled upon a large horde off NOS SELENTINO Tonak 100% fur felt hats he's selling for $40 plus shipping. These look like what the Burlington Coat Factory sold a few years back. Interestingly, he has a lot of hard to find large sizes. Be warned, some of the colors are....a bit unconventional. It sounds as if he has over a hundred of them, but he's listing them slowly on eBay. His eBay name is imodify and you can find his hats by searching for his listings. I've already bought a pumpkin colored one a a purple. I only wish the brims were a bit wider.

What do the brims measure? Those I have seen seem to be at least 2.5", I think.

Trying to decide if a purple hat has any future in my collection!
Funny you say that.....in addition to the other things I do, I work in and with Lions Clubs. Purple is a primary color of their logo's and flags.....so..............:rolleyes:...l said "what the heck", for $39.99 I WILL get a purple hat.....and I bought it this morning.................I will wear it to my next meeting.......;):D

Last edited:
Funny you say that.....in addition to the other things I do, I work in and with Lions Clubs. Purple is a primary color of their logo's and flags.....so..............:rolleyes:...lI said "what the heck", for $39.99 I WILL get a purple hat.....and I bought it this morning.................I will wear it to my next meeting.......;):D
Good, now I can stop thinking about it!

Funny you say that.....in addition to the other things I do, I work in and with Lions Clubs. Purple is a primary color of their logo's and flags.....so..............:rolleyes:...l said "what the heck", for $39.99 I WILL get a purple hat.....and I bought it this morning.................I will wear it to my next meeting.......;):D

If it's the same one I was considering (size 7-1/2), don't be surprised if it's actually as gray as it looked in the photos. It was described as both "gray" and "purple" in the same listing, and I didn't want to end up with a purple hat that I'd never wear.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
View attachment 86718 He's supposed to be listing more soon. So far, I bought a purple one and one he called pumpkin. Not sure why I needed a pumpkin colored hat, but how many chances do you get in life to own such a thing?
I think I want one of these in "Pumpkin". I can play with the crown and brim and make a "Dick Tracy" hat!!! I remember being a kid and loved seeing it portrayed on film with Warren Beatty :)

I was just in contact with the seller tonight. He has separated the hats by size and is going to start listing more. He seams to be a really nice person who is selling the hats as a favor to a friend. As it is, he's hardly making anything on the sales and is considering raising the prices slightly. I think they will still be a bargain.

I have no idea what colors he has left or I what sizes. Anticipation is half the fun.

M Hatman, has your hat arrived? USPS tracing shows mine get delayed for some unknown reason. I'm interested in your impressions of your purple hat, and do please post photos.

Mine is not here yet.....will post and give my impresions when it does......

If it's the same one I was considering (size 7-1/2), don't be surprised if it's actually as gray as it looked in the photos. It was described as both "gray" and "purple" in the same listing, and I didn't want to end up with a purple hat that I'd never wear.

I DO actually want a purple hat.....I really do not need anouther grey one......may contact you if it does turnout being grey :(........that is unless it has a cool blue-grey cast :rolleyes:

...I DO actually want a purple hat.....I really do not need anouther grey one......may contact you if it does turnout being grey :(........that is unless it has a cool blue-grey cast :rolleyes:
If it is the hat I was looking at, for that price you could replace the ribbon with one that is definitely purple and you'd still come out ahead. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112