Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sergei's Optimo Mercury Gray Pictures

Sergei

Gone Home
With a couple of months to go, my wife asked what I wanted for my birthday this year and this time I gave her an answer within one nano-second; "A Mercury Gray Optimo, Hun!". Wow, was her response. Since she is always puzzled what to get me, she always asks me that question. I seldom respond back with anything, cause frankly I don't know what I ever want. So it's always cigars and wine, which I always appreciate.

Anyway this fine Mercury just came in yesterday. It's the thin felt, with the nutria just like the Indy Brown. I think it's a close color to the "Clipper Grey" in Raiders. It's gray with a little brown mixed in. I can't wait to compare this gray to the London Gray Rundquist bought last year, just to see how different it is. I wish someone around here had the PB Gray just to compare also. So if anyone in Southern Cal has a PB Grey, speak up.

Here they are. Mind you, I'm sicker than a dog today, as soon as these pix are posted, I'm out of here:

MercuryFaceIbig-vi.jpg

MercuryFaceIIbig-vi.jpg

MercuryFaceIIIbig-vi.jpg

MercuryFaceIVbig-vi.jpg

MercuryFaceVbig-vi.jpg

MercuryFaceVIbig-vi.jpg

MercuryInside-vi.jpg

Same Specs as the Indy Brown Optimo, special sizing to include the shims:
Hat Specs:
- 5 3/4" crown shell
- 7 1/2 size, increase 1/16" larger to accomodate front/back shims to make Long Oval
- 3 inch front & back
- 2 3/4" sides
- 1 5/8" Black Ribbon
- White Liner
- Black Leather Sweatband ( I should have got brown or burgundy)

My only regret so far is I should have ordered the ivory liner with a brown or burgundy leather sweatband. I can always send it back. Sighhhh.....

-Sergei

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Very sharp Sergei! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person. I think that I will forward this post my girlfriend so she can get some gift-giving ideas!
PBG

Rundquist

A-List Customer
Originally posted by Chamorro
You lucky bum! You know I hate you for getting it before me! Color me envious. Looks good on you.

Maybe you can be the first guy to get an orange liner and a purple sweatband. :D It looks great Sergei, ya lucky dog!

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
That is a beautiful color. Congratulations on your acquisition, happy birthday, and wear it in good health!

Sergei

Gone Home
Originally posted by Zohar
That is a beautiful color. Congratulations on your acquisition, happy birthday, and wear it in good health!

Well thanks Zohar. My bday is about 6 weeks away. The gift came in early.

BTW, I chose "Gray" for two reasons:
1)- I wanted a gray to close out my Indy hat collection (it's done the itch has been scratched)
2)- This "Gray" will be a reminder to me of how the great people of CalIfornia recalled our ex-governor, "Gray Davis". :) Hoo-haaaaa

-Sergei

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana