Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shaken vs stirred

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
In my opinion, the secret to making a really fantastic cocktail is to make sure that it's ice cold. This is much more easily achieved by shaking (with lots of ice in a pre-chilled metal shaker only, please) and is the only way to go for me.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Until I have a mouthful of hydrogen peroxide that needs to be neutralized I'll stick to chilled pitcher, chilled glass and stirred.

:cheers1:

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Cocktails should be shaken, unless the recipe specifically calls out for it to be stirred. Look up the reasoning for using a shaker on any decent cocktail site

A Martini should always have good Gin and Vermouth, and always shaken.

Smuterella

One Too Many
I have never had a martini, I've made a few (I'm a damn fine cocktail waitress and i make 'em strong _ I would like to bet I make the best cosmopolitan this side of the Atlantic) but have never drunk one

spirits make me naughty

Feraud

Bartender
In 1999, a group of students at the University of Western Ontario in Canada led by Colleen Trevithick (and overseen by her father John, a professor of biochemistry) decided to test Bond's preference in a series of experiments on gin and vodka martinis.
If my dad had overseen my gin and vodke experiments in school I might be a better man today.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many

lillielil

Familiar Face
I prefer shaken for a different reason: It melts more of the ice and weakens the drink.

There, I said it: I like a weak martini. If it's made with crushed ice, that's even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran