Shangri—La Heritage

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Mich486, Mar 9, 2018.

1. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Thank you Sir! Swing on by for some BBQ! If you are an Iowa State fan and enjoy basketball, you've probably made it this way for the Big 12 Tourney.

Yes I am very pleased with this being my first HH jacket. I have a few suede jackets and a decent cowhide bomber but this is definitely another level up.

2. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

^^ Nice, I am a big fan of Jack Stack's. Been there many times (KC & Jack Stack's). There's a lot of great BBQ in your region. I did not go to Iowa State, however. From Illinois and I bleed Orange & Blue ILL - INI :)

TG3 likes this.
  3. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Love me some Jack Stacks. Have you had Q39 or KC Joe's (formally Oklahoma Joe's). Q39 in my opinion probably has the best meat overall. Joe's ribs are really hard to beat.

Kansas Jayhawk here. So you're definitely familiar with Bill Self.

Pleasure meeting you.

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  4. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

@Marco_Massini
    Hi Marco, Thank you for your reply. I finally decided to give your black suede modified Type III (trucker) a try and I hope size S will fit me (chest measurement is approx. 103cm - you stated a width of 54cm which usually is OK for me). I can't wait to receive it (from a German Webshop) and to compare with other jackets like my Aero Type III made of suede rust goatskin. I'll give a short review on "How many jackets have you coming" soon after receipt.
    Cheers,
    Robbie

Mrfrown, Marco_Massini, TG3 and 3 others like this.
  5. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Only saw this just now! The leather looks fantastic here, very rustic feels! The fit in the chest/shoulder looks great like you mentioned. You can probably take a total of 2-2.5" off of the waist/hip.

How wide is the measurement across the middle of the hand pockets and the bottom hem? I think the easiest way to think about it is add 2-3 inches from your actual waist/hip measurement to get a trim fit

TG3 likes this.
  6. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Thanks for your input! Rustic is a great descriptor. It has a lot more character than the website photos in my opinion. The site photos make it appear like its mostly one shade of color but in person it has highlights and lowlights. I really dig it

I'll have to measure. I've been emailing back in forth with Marco and gave him all my measurements for a MTM jacket. Tighten up the waist a tad and it should fit like a glove.

Jin431 likes this.
  7. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

It does make it more interesting that way, that should look even better with wear. im sure you can request to the maker how you prefer your hide to be whether it's uniform or uneven shade of color, for the hide to be smooth or grainy or mixed smooth/grainy. so let them know how you want your jacket to look.

That's true but if it's too wide on the waist/hem then tightening the side adjusters will have the opposite effect in terms of look (it will make the lower front of the jacket flare out and the leather on the sides to bunch up)

TG3 likes this.
  8. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Question since I'm the new guy. Is the title of the thread able to be changed? Noticed the company name is spelled wrong. My OCD was kicking in haha

Jin431 likes this.
  9. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Oh i know exactly what you mean. I tried tighting up the adjusters one notch and it ballooned outwards so I just left them on the resting notch. I was referring to having a new different jacket made. A black Varenne with fur color. I sent Marco my actual measurements and measurements of another great fitting jacket.

Are you saying that it's possible to alter my current one? It's a little looser than I'd prefer but don't think I'd mess with trying to have it altered. Thoughts?

Jin431 likes this.
  10. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

I believe too much time has elapsed even for the monitors to do that for you. Maybe start a new thread and make your first review of your jacket? I know @Robbie79 will soon have a trucker made by them so he can maybe chime in

11. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

That's a sweet collar, I love me some shearling collars too. I'm sure they'll make the appropriate adjustments. Maybe ask them what they recommend for your waist/bottom hem measurements so you can be sure you are getting to the fit you want.

Yes you can have it altered for a fitted look. I've had two jackets done because they were too wide on the waist/hem. I had mine done in SF since I'm local here. I think the closest reputable person to you is Dena @iknowleather in IL where some members have jackets altered by her.

Before

IMG_3943.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

After removing 2" from chest/waist/bottom hem. The detachable shearling collar was an add on lol

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

BEfore

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

After removing 2" in waist/bottom hem

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Robbie79 and MrProper like this.
  12. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Oh absolutely. I asked them for what measurements they would scale to. Also asked if the armholes could be just a tad higher and gave measurements for that. I learned a lot reading everyone's experience with order custom 5* jackets. Know what you want and then over communicate it.

Those two jackets are awesome. I really dig the leather of the second one. Do you remember what those jobs ran you?

Appreciate all your input brotha

Jin431 likes this.
  13. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Alright good on you. Reading up will save you a lot of grief and money down the line with this hobby.

I took it to JL of SF and had to pay $180 to trim down the 1st jacket.
    The 2nd jacket is good ol' brown cxl horsehide. i didn't have to pay to trim it down since the jacket was made by Johnson Leather of SF and they were kind enough to amend the boxy fit of the jacket. I would say having them altered made a world of difference with the fit and look, it was well worth it.

All the best with your order man. You are off to a great start.

TG3 likes this.
  14. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

this is much better sleeve position that what was on the first page. nice creasing too

TG3 likes this.
  15. Marco_Massini

Marco_Massini New in Town

Awesome! Let me know how it fits! Your chest is pretty big, let's hope size S will work well.

Cheers

Marco

16. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

Forza @Marco_Massini. Saluti dall'America!!!

Why do I click on these threads knowing I have a weakness :p:p:p:p

This is looking like an Italian Thedi and I mean that in the nicest way possible. I'll be watching closely, but could see one or two of these coming my way.

Marco_Massini, TG3 and dannyk like this.
  17. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Yeah the sleeve creesing has been fantastic.

navetsea and Marco_Massini like this.
  18. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

That brown CXL looks amazing. Marco has been very easy to work with. Not to mention they a shrinking the waist of my next jacket at no additional cost. Thats great customer service.

Jin431, Mrfrown, navetsea and 2 others like this.
  19. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Feel free to email Marco your measurements. He's been helping me on sizing for my next jacket.

Marco_Massini likes this.
  20. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

That last pic...you're killin it man. This pic should be part of a lecture titled "How a leather jacket should fit".

TG3 and Jin431 like this.