Shangri—La Heritage

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Mich486, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Edward

Edward Bartender

I'll have a look at this tomorrow when I have a little more time and a tight marking deadline has passed! ;)

red devil, torfjord, TG3 and 2 others like this.
  2. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

The Admin work never ends.

Edward and TG3 like this.
  3. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

BTW, just saw their post on FB. The leather is also FQHH from CF Stead and the collar is removable shearling

For those who ride, these jackets have velcro slots for skid plates. They hide the velcro nicely.

dannyk likes this.
  4. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

Thanks again! Good info and those things definitely make it all more appealing.

TG3 likes this.
  5. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Hmmm Greg didn't say but I'm thinking probably sometime in March-April. I'm going for a simple j24 no belt loop/epaulette and a clean back design. Do try to place an order soon to get in line and worry about the design later as the prices are the same apart from the one half belt. Thanks you, I am really liking simple designs that let the leather/pattern/stitchwork do the talking.

Robbie79 and dannyk like this.
  6. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Well this I gotta see!

Jin431 likes this.
  7. John Lever

John Lever One Too Many

I quite like their B3, very nice coloured fleece with interesting exterior coating and nice trim. Not trying to be historically accurate I don't think, but I would definitely have one.

TG3 and Robbie79 like this.
  8. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

Marco_Massini, Robbie79, Riu and 3 others like this.
  9. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

Nope. Been mentioned by @Marc mndt , myself, @TG3, and @Mich486 on the prior page. We all agreed the pattern looks great. The leather and collar look killer. But the D pocket sewing is off. The one thing this company has going for it though is that they consistently seem to get better and use better material. They also have one of the owners on TFL so I’m sure they are reading this. I hope they do fix this. And fix it quick because as I said looks like really good leather and a really great design. But that D pocket sewing is not going to cut it at these prices.

Mysteryo likes this.
  10. Mysteryo

Mysteryo One Too Many

They should improve the stiching around their Dpcket in order to improve the model and give it more credit, especially at this price range. I'm sure they can make a great d pocket jacket
    The pattern looks good!
    but
    They should improve the stiching around their D pocket in order to improve the model and give it more credit, especially at this price range.
    I'm sure they can make a great d pocket jacket

Marc mndt and dannyk like this.
  11. Mysteryo

Mysteryo One Too Many

Sorry I didn't read that part, my mistake ;-)

dannyk likes this.
  12. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

No worries! Lots going on. I often forget where I read something. Was it “cool photos, or how many jackets, or finds and deals etc..” haha. But yeah totally agree. Like a really good pattern and looks like good leather. The other stuff they have to offer looks pretty good. But when you’re charging what they charge that’s unacceptable stitching. So I hope their one owner who’s on here reads this and applies it. Because we’re not trying to be jerks. We’re not trashing the product. There is a lot to like. Basically all the rest of this looks great! Just some friendly advice.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    TG3 and Mysteryo like this.
  13. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

Their product does look promising. I'm thinking about making a stop at their workshop to see and assess their product in real life when I'm visiting Italy this summer. That trucker does look nice.

Cornelius, TG3, dannyk and 1 other person like this.
  14. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

Please do give a full review of the shop, product, and customer service if you do make it out there. Being in the US I highly doubt I’ll ever get there; well, at least not any time soon.

15. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

No wonder @Robbie79 ordered one from them, that looks great.
    This modern take on the type 3 is good, especially the back design.

Not anytime soon for sure, especially with the new CA variant tsk tsk

Robbie79, TG3 and dannyk like this.
  16. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

I believe we are all in agreement that the design and materials used are mint but the D pocket could definitely use some refinement.

BTW, Marco shared with me some sneak peak pics from their recent photo shoot for their new lineup of jackets. He said the Chiodo will be available in April.

Shangri-La Heritage Chiodo Fur Collar Black Horsehide 1.jpg Shangri-La Heritage Chiodo Fur Collar Black Horsehide 2.jpg

Guivil, Mrfrown, torfjord and 5 others like this.
  17. Marco_Massini

Marco_Massini New in Town

Hi guys!

Thanks for starting this thread and sorry for the late reply, these are kind of busy days as we're finishing the photo shoots.
    The feedback about the D pocket sewing of the "Chiodo" Horsehide Jackets is very appreciated, I already spoke to the workshop in order to fix this puckering problem before going into production which will start at the end of the month.
    As Tray said, the new jackets will be available on our website in mid April. We have a couple more jackets to reveal :)

Mrfrown, torfjord, Cornelius and 6 others like this.
  18. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

Thank you for taking the critique in stride and listening. You could have gotten pissed off or told us we were wrong. But you didn’t. Everything else about this pattern looks really good. So does the leather. If you nail down the stitching this will be killer! I would love it in a teacore leather. Do you currently or have you ever considered carrying a teacore leather? Thanks for being available, and once again thanks for listening.

19. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hi Marco, I sent you a pm. You might have missed it. Cheers.

Marco_Massini, Jin431 and dannyk like this.
  20. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Hi Marco, I‘m impressed to hear that you take the recommendations of our fellow loungers seriously and I‘m looking forward to seeing the result. Your new D-Pocket jacket made of whiskey HH and fur collar (detachable as offered by Thedi would be perfect but if not, I could still imagine to order one) would be very tempting to me...the black D-pocket looks fabulous, too! None is perfect but if someone is willing to work on improvements / is open to discuss improvements like you makes your brand even more attractive to me and I‘m glad that I bought your black suede Trucker jacket. I always want to support companies like yours! I can’t wait to see more of your jackets here...hopefully soon. Mine for sure will be one of the next ones as soon as I find some time to take pictures. All the best to you and your company!