Shangri—La Heritage

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Mich486, Mar 9, 2018.

1. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

I was laughing cause we literally posted our reviews within a minute of one another. I really like your black suede jacket. It fits you very well and I like the extra length.

Jin431, Marco_Massini and Robbie79 like this.
  2. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Thanks my man! I'm itching for my second jacket to show up. We shrank the waist on it so I'm hoping the proportions all still work out.

ton312, Jin431 and Marco_Massini like this.
  3. Flametop

Flametop New in Town

Really tempting. Looks perfect, thanks for sharing your fotos!

4. Marco_Massini

Marco_Massini New in Town

Thank you for the great and very detailed review! I'm so happy that you like your new Terracotta Black Suede Jacket and it fits you perfectly!

5. Marco_Massini

Marco_Massini New in Town

Thanks for sharing these photos! Wow it looks amazing!!

About the Varenne Black Steerhide, I saw that it's still stuck in Memphis for customs clearance.. I'm going to call FedEx first thing tomorrow morning and see if they need further documentation or something else.

Cornelius likes this.
  6. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

No problem Marco. And thanks for offering to call FedEx. The jacket has been there since Monday. Just another example of great customer service by you guys.

7. Mrfrown

Mrfrown Practically Family

@TG3 et all- any good pictures of the back or side? Curious about the shoulder gusset look & function, and I’ve been having a hard time finding good pictures of it

Marco_Massini and dannyk like this.
  8. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Absolutely. Here's a couple I snapped real quick. I can have the GF take some pics of me wearing it if needed. There's just a back gusset, no under arm footballs. 20210404_183314_001.jpg 20210404_183238.jpg 20210404_182354.jpg 20210404_182203.jpg 20210404_182145.jpg

Jin431, Cornelius, Riu and 9 others like this.
  9. Mrfrown

Thanks for sharing so quickly!

Looks nice, like it won’t flare out too much like a cobra head.

Do you notice range of motion while wearing it?

10. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Was that what you were looking for?

11. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Oh I missed that you responded. I think the range of motion is pretty good. It definitely passes the hug test. The range of motion for putting your hands straight in the air could be improved IMO with higher arm holes. Not saying they're large armholes by any means but if there's something I would improve on the pattern it would be smaller arm hole openings for better range of motion vertically.

Here's some pics of me arms out stretch. You can see the gussets work well when extending forward.
    20210404_210439.jpg 20210404_210513.jpg

12. Mrfrown

Nice. They look very cleanly done.

Looks like a pretty even balance between keeping the look simple and achieving some good functionality.

Really thinking about one in black as my next purchase. Will be a bit away as I’m in the queue at Johnson Leathers and don’t want to get too far ahead of myself heh.

Kinda weighing the Varenne against a Highwayman or Premier Highwayman, or maybe a the JL halfbelt? Anyway something simple, refined, and black

Marco_Massini and TG3 like this.
  13. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Yep, I know what you mean. I like the clean and simple as well. I actually bought the Varenne in black with fur collar. Just haven't posted pics or a review of it yet.

What size of a jacket do you typically wear? I saw a really nice 38 black Premier hwym in the classifieds. It's my size and I would buy it if I hadn't just got the varenne in black. If it was brown Vicenza I probably would have already pulled the trigger. I'm more of a brown jacket guy myself. But also, it was almost 80 degrees here today so all my jackets are about to go into hibernation and really don't need to be buying more lol.

Marco_Massini likes this.
  14. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

15. Mrfrown

Typically a 40, going slimmer than 21.5” chest is not a good idea for me. The premier HWM in Blackened Brown Vicenza is exactly the kind of jacket I have in mind, but the listed one is too small. There’s another offered for trade in CXL but I’m not interested in the heavier leather version. The roulette will keep spinning and something will come along I’m sure.

TG3 likes this.
  16. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Gents,

Here's a quick review of my SLH Varenne in black steerhide with removable fur collar.

I believe the leather is from Vicenza Italy and it has a nice weight to it but is still pliable with a soft hand feel. The break in time definitely won't take as long as the HH version. SLH website has photos after two years of wear and you can see the dye has rubbed off with lots of brown showing through. The smell is fantastic. The hardware is sturdy and the construction is solid.

My HH Varenne fit me fairly well in the chest and shoulders but could have used a little shrinkage in the waist. Marco was kind enough to shrink the bottom hem of this jacket at no additional cost. You guys can let me know your thoughts on the fit.

Here's some pics with the collar off and on. It's a lot of photos but if you're anything like me, the more the better if it's a brand your considering spending your money on.

20210414_145433.jpg 20210414_145558.jpg 20210414_145514.jpg 20210414_144454.jpg 20210414_144325.jpg 20210414_144537.jpg 20210414_144115.jpg 20210414_144218.jpg 20210414_144647.jpg

Tusche, Robbie79, navetsea and 8 others like this.
  17. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Without the fur collar
    20210414_143106.jpg 20210414_143018.jpg 20210414_143140.jpg 20210414_143158.jpg 20210414_143352.jpg

Riu, Tusche, Marco_Massini and 8 others like this.
  18. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

dannyk, Marco_Massini and TG3 like this.
  19. ton312

ton312

Agreed^ looks fantastic, luxurious and fits beautifully.

Marco_Massini, TG3 and dannyk like this.
  20. I agree with the others...great fit. I'm not a big fan of fur collars but this one is shaped nicely and looks very good.
    Congrats on a nice looking jacket.
    HD