Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sharing Coconut Oil Experiences for the ladies....

philosophygirl78

A-List Customer
I used to buy the most expensive Estee Lauder products. I am in my late 30's so it is getting important for proper beauty care.

I started by using it just as a skin moisturizer which has been a miracle softening agent, better than Estee Lauder products. Now, I use it for almost everything: Teeth pulling, Skin Detox, a daily oral supplement, I have even made home made deoderant and esssential oil skin creams with it. I highly recommend trying it if you never have. It is odorless, so I add essential oils such as Lavender and Jasmine and ALWAYS get compliments from co workers, friends and random people. I don't even use perfume anymore.

I buy the big tub, 54 oz for only $20.00 at Sam's Club and it lasts a good 2-3 months for everything..

Anyone else have experience with is? Oh, and yes, it can be used with the gentlemen as well... :p

LizzieMaine

Bartender
For a while we used it to pop corn at the theatre and got it in 35 lb. bag-in-box containers, and I did notice whenever I changed the box I'd get some on my hands and it had a very positive impact on them. The stuff we used was dyed yellow, however, and it did leave a stain, so I didn't try it on my face.

We stopped using it because it would gum up the pump during cold weather. But I've still got two 35 pound boxes of it in the storeroom. I was paying about $50 for 35 pounds in 2012, which was the last time I ordered it, so I imagine the markup on the cosmetic-grade stuff, even at Sammy's, is rather intense.

Izabella

New in Town
I use coconut oil for practically everything. Mouth wash, moisturiser, in the shower, cooking, cleaning, make up remover… the list goes on. It has such an incredible impact on my skin and on my life. I cannot live without it. Its incredible.

It can get messy, but entirely worth it.

Sharpsburg

One of the Regulars
I used to buy the most expensive Estee Lauder products. I am in my
late 30's so it is getting important for proper beauty care.

I started by using it just as a skin moisturizer which has been a miracle softening agent, better than Estee Lauder products. Now, I use it for almost everything: Teeth pulling, Skin Detox, a daily oral supplement, I have even made home made deoderant and esssential oil skin creams with it. I highly recommend trying it if you never have. It is odorless, so I add essential oils such as Lavender and Jasmine and ALWAYS get compliments from co workers, friends and random people. I don't even use perfume anymore.

I buy the big tub, 54 oz for only $20.00 at Sam's Club and it lasts a good 2-3 months for everything..

Anyone else have experience with is? Oh, and yes, it can be used with the gentlemen as well... :p

TEETH PULLING????? WITH COCONUT OIL? Sounds slippery.

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
I used a mixture of coconut oil and tumeric and brushed my teeth with it. It helps whiten your teeth and it did work. Just use a tooth brush you don't mind getting stained.

Eva Granch

New in Town
Coconut oil is fantastic for cooking! First of all, the health benefits are outstanding, and it is more stable than most oil at high temperatures. It's also excellent for hair and skin, but a little goes a long way, for me, at least.
My website

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I've experimented a lot with coconut oil over the years. Like Izabella, I love to use it as a makeup remover. It's gentle but still removes the mascara/racoon eye. I have found it to be too heavy for a moisturizer though. I have found that avocado oil absorbs more easily into the skin.

HatLoverGirl

New in Town
I used to buy the most expensive Estee Lauder products. I am in my late 30's so it is getting important for proper beauty care.

Anyone else has experience with is? Oh, and yes, it can be used with the gentlemen as well... :p

Can you tell me how do you make your deodorant with Coconut oil? I would love to use more natural homemade products. I started using the famous rock that you wet for deodorant, however, I kind of miss having scents on my deodorant

HadleyH1

One Too Many
Coconut oil is the best for hair. It's not called the King of natural conditioners for nothing.

I have a big jar of organic Coconut oil!

Totaly amazing! twice a month I put it in on my hair and leave it overnight or for a few hours!

The best thing! I recommended it highly for the hair.

AvavanBlythe

Familiar Face
Coconut oil is one of the oils the ladies at Long Hair Community sing praises of. The others are extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed oil, and jojoba oil. As a former avid member there, I too loved coconut oil. For something with more protein, I prefer nut based oils, and sweet almond became a serious go-to as well. Different oils behave different ways, so it's always good to try something new. But for versatility, coconut oil is probably the best.

To dispell a myth: Hair isn't dead. Both hair and nails are made up of living and non-living cells. Non-living =/= dead. Keratin is the same protein that make up horns and hooves on animals, which is one reason LHC members adore buying [cruelty free] horn combs.

With that said, if you can opt for cold-pressed coconut oil, you'll find better results. When I use other oils on my hair and skin, I prefer cold-pressed because less heat means more nutrients from the oils I'm using. Here's an article that better explains carrier oils in general, and how they positively impact your hair and skin.

HatLoverGirl

New in Town
Coconut oil is one of the oils the ladies at Long Hair Community sing praises of. The others are extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed oil, and jojoba oil. As a former avid member there, I too loved coconut oil. For something with more protein, I prefer nut based oils, and sweet almond became a serious go-to as well. Different oils behave different ways, so it's always good to try something new. But for versatility, coconut oil is probably the best.

To dispell a myth: Hair isn't dead. Both hair and nails are made up of living and non-living cells. Non-living =/= dead. Keratin is the same protein that make up horns and hooves on animals, which is one reason LHC members adore buying [cruelty free] horn combs.

With that said, if you can opt for cold-pressed coconut oil, you'll find better results. When I use other oils on my hair and skin, I prefer cold-pressed because less heat means more nutrients from the oils I'm using. Here's an article that better explains carrier oils in general, and how they positively impact your hair and skin.

I love my natural oils and you are right, cold pressed is the way to go. I use sweet almond oil on my skin due to the high contents of vitamin E. I find that coconut oil, even though it's really good for my hair, it can weigh my hair down so I use it when doing deep masks and things of that nature, another amazing oil is avocado oil, I usually just take the raw avocado, mash it and put it all over my skin and hair, it's rich but not overly oily when I do this and it makes your skin feel renewed! Sometimes even when I am done cutting an avocado I will take the remains of the skin and rub it on my hands... <3

EvaS

New in Town
I used it for my hair, and I am very happy with the results (My ends became less dryer). By the way is it possible to use the same oil for cooking? (I have "virgin" coconut oil)

HadleyH1

One Too Many
My darlings.....I just bought a few hours ago this amazing hair mask....

ok....it's called Maui moisture Shea butter hair mask ....

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.....sounds so good.....totally natural ....no bad silicone or sulfates or anything like that

after I use it ...I will tell you how it all came out ok? may be tomorrow ok?

darlings....

one thing

this is shea butter ok?

and after it has coconut oil....also macadamia oil

woohoooo love it

that's how it looks like
3XlTa0B.jpg

Last edited:

HadleyH1

One Too Many
I used it the in the shower this morning...a little goes a long way

it's good... it's ok hair is soft.

That's all I can say at the moment :)

Xancla

New in Town
Coconut oil is a great product in many ways, but I think there are also lots of scams about it. I've seen websites claiming that it can cure everything down to HIV. It's a lovely oil for hair, and as a facial moisturiser it soothes my fussy skin and helps keep the eczema at bay, but I doubt its abilities go much further than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ