Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sheet Music . . . Conductor's Score for Wizard of Oz

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Can someone tell me more about this?

I have a "Conductor's Score" of The Wizard of Oz.

On the cover is a sticker:

__________________________________________________​

Conductor's Score
of​
WIZARD OF OZ

Make cuts and notations lightly, and only in soft black pencil. A charge will be made if all cuts and notations are not erased before this book is returned. Full replacement charge will be made if this book is marked in colored pencil, ink or crayon, or if it is torn or mutilated.

Property of
TAMS-WITMARK music Library, Inc.
757 Third Avenue New York, N.Y.

__________________________________________________​

"Wizard of Oz" is inked with a rubber stamp. "Music Library, Inc." is inside a flag on a pole atop a circus tent. "TAMS-WITMARK" is to the left of the flag pole. The top of the circus tent is above the address.
At the bottom of the first page, which also begins the Overture, is the following, "Copyright 1939, Leo Feist, Inc. 977 Seventh Avenue, New York, N.Y."
There are also copyright statements at the bottom of each page that has the start of a new song on it.
All music and lyrics look to have been copied from hand-written originals.

The one song I find most interesting is on page 65, titled, "Ballet (danced by Sorceress of the North)." An instrumental. I don't remember any "Sorceress" or instrumental numbers in the movie.

I bought it for five dollars at a yard sale in Monrovia, CA, four or five years ago. Judging by the condition, it had been completely soaked with water and then dried out. The pages are stiff and ink has run through a bit, but it is completely legible.

I wish I knew how to post pictures on here so I could show this to you.

Lee

shindeco

A-List Customer
Anything from Tams-Whitmark would be a rental for a stage version. You decide on a show, pay your royalties and they send out the scores and scripts that you need.

You're supposed to return them but, obviously, not everyone does...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana