Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shipping Back to Aero from the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frussell

One Too Many
Got an email from Holly today wanting me to send my steer/horse jacket back, as my replacement jacket is apparently getting started. Anybody have advice as to what service to use? I haven't been able to find anything so far that costs less than $200+, which seems pretty high. Holly requested a traceable delivery, to make sure it doesn't get lost, which makes sense, but adds cost as well. She also asked that I use a big box, as they get a lot of returns with jackets crammed into little containers. My gigantic steer jacket weighs over 10 pounds, without the box or packaging. Anyone here had luck sending an Aero back to the source at a decent rate? I'm in Southern California. Since I've already paid for shipping and the full price of the original jacket once, I'm sure you can understand that I'd want to keep my out-of-pocket expenses as low as possible on the replacement. Not exactly thrilled to spend another penny, frankly. Thanks in advance, Frank.

pauleway

Practically Family
Got an email from Holly today wanting me to send my steer/horse jacket back, as my replacement jacket is apparently getting started. Anybody have advice as to what service to use? I haven't been able to find anything so far that costs less than $200+, which seems pretty high. Holly requested a traceable delivery, to make sure it doesn't get lost, which makes sense, but adds cost as well. She also asked that I use a big box, as they get a lot of returns with jackets crammed into little containers. My gigantic steer jacket weighs over 10 pounds, without the box or packaging. Anyone here had luck sending an Aero back to the source at a decent rate? I'm in Southern California. Since I've already paid for shipping and the full price of the original jacket once, I'm sure you can understand that I'd want to keep my out-of-pocket expenses as low as possible on the replacement. Not exactly thrilled to spend another penny, frankly. Thanks in advance, Frank.

I just shipped a jacket to Aero, and went with Global Priority(USPS)and it cost me apprx.$92.00. I also was thrown back a little by the prices ($200.00-UPS), but this seemed to be the cheapest trackable way. It was also a little hard to track but I finally got it!

thor

One Too Many
I shipped an A-2 back to Aero from the East coast last Nov. It cost me about $60 with tracking via USPS.
I think they raised their shipping rates at the start of this year, and an A-2 isn't quite that heavy of a package. Probably the cheapest way to ship is USPS.
Just my 2 cents.

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
last time i checked it was 60 bucks by USPS international. I was going to send one back a couple of months ago but changed my mind, one reason was the shipping, the issue I had just wasn't worth 60 bucks.

53Effie

A-List Customer
Doesn't seem fair for you to have to cover the shipping, since it was their "error" that caused the issue. Interesting.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hey ole Bean.... Good to see you. I'm so glad you're gonna git "satisfaction" sorry it's taking so long and costing so much. Wish there was sumthin' I could do but there isn't. Can't wait to see photo's of the new and improved jacket once it's on your back. Just make sure they don't use the old one as a guide.

Yours...

Worf

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
Doesn't seem fair for you to have to cover the shipping, since it was their "error" that caused the issue. Interesting.

back in the good old days, they had you send it to aero usa which was like 10 bucks. then they sorted it out with them. now it different. shipping internationally is a big pain in the ass.

majormajor

One Too Many
Gotta be honest, I think you (US) guys are very brave to order stuff from Europe. If I was in the US, I think I would stick with US sellers - I certainly stick with UK sellers - there are no oceans between me and them!

I buy lots of stuff on Ebay from the US, but small prices, so no worries (and I can usually sell stuff on if it is wrong).

The idea of sending stuff back across the Atlantic (and paying for the priviledge) is a step too far for me:eeek:;)

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
Gotta be honest, I think you (US) guys are very brave to order stuff from Europe. If I was in the US, I think I would stick with US sellers - I certainly stick with UK sellers - there are no oceans between me and them!

I buy lots of stuff on Ebay from the US, but small prices, so no worries (and I can usually sell stuff on if it is wrong).

The idea of sending stuff back across the Atlantic (and paying for the priviledge) is a step too far for me:eeek:;)

problem is nobody i know of here makes this stuff, especially the way the UK manufactures do. Goodwear is the exception but the waits too long and now the cost is way too high. HB has a minimal choice range, the only place for us suckers is overseas. the best part is they are using US hides. go figure...

Edward

Bartender
Global economy, eh? ;) If someone could offer reliable, trackable international shipping at a cut rate they could surely make a killing... Still, comparing the train fare to SScotland from London with the airfare from the US, I can kinda understand how the shipping must simply cost a lot more.... ;) I'd have assumed Aero will sort you out with this in due course, as you're returning owing to product not being as sale description, rather than personal taste.

frussell

One Too Many
53Effie - I agree with you 100 percent, but it is what it is. I'd understand if it was a repair, but it's not. It's a jacket that was sold to me as one thing and turned out to be another, and never fit well at all anyway. Still, if I want my replacement jacket made, it's on their terms. I'm a little worried about whether there will be more cost when the replacement jacket arrives, hopefully that won't be an issue. Thanks for the helpful suggestions, folks. Frank

I just got a custom vest from an outfitter here in the States that sent me the first version & misspelled my horse's name on the custom monogramming. They did not ask for the original until I received the replacement & the return shipping label was in the box with the corrected item. I took one out, placed fubar version in, taped on label. I was out a drive to the shipping counter.
Frank, I would never send back the mistake unless I had the replacement in my hand. They don't need the mistake to do the replacement. I say have them send you a return shipping label with the RIGHT version of what you have already paid for. IMHO

frussell

One Too Many
Tom - you're absolutely right, and that's what I would expect as well. I got the impression both from Holly early on this time around, and last year from Amanda when the first jacket was being made that somehow they never got my information on file. I originally ordered through Aero USA. That would definitely explain the horrible fit, and the original wait of over 8 months on the first one. In order to make this replacement deal, I had to do a "mock" purchase of what I wanted on the Aero website, and Holly made sure my payment did not go through. They have my information now, but who knows if there is any record of the first "storse" jacket. I'm guessing that's the rationale for continuing to charge me money, but it's only a guess. Thanks for the support. Frank.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Tom - you're absolutely right, and that's what I would expect as well. I got the impression both from Holly early on this time around, and last year from Amanda when the first jacket was being made that somehow they never got my information on file. I originally ordered through Aero USA. That would definitely explain the horrible fit, and the original wait of over 8 months on the first one. In order to make this replacement deal, I had to do a "mock" purchase of what I wanted on the Aero website, and Holly made sure my payment did not go through. They have my information now, but who knows if there is any record of the first "storse" jacket. I'm guessing that's the rationale for continuing to charge me money, but it's only a guess. Thanks for the support. Frank.

Without digging up the past (too much), FR, you're not alone. I know that my order would not have got further than the measurements Will scribbled on a bit of paper if I hadn't emailed Amanda about changes.

HighandDry

A-List Customer
I found that USPS was the cheapest and I crammed it into the smallest box that would fit it.

My last Aero, I spent 100 bucks to return it and then get re-charged another 75 in custom charges. It still had problems, but I wasn't going to go through that again, so I just kept an ill fitting jacket.

Any Aero I buy now, I'll get from Insurrection. That way if something goes wrong, I won't have to deal with that headache again.

pauleway

Practically Family
problem is nobody i know of here makes this stuff, especially the way the UK manufactures do. Goodwear is the exception but the waits too long and now the cost is way too high. HB has a minimal choice range, the only place for us suckers is overseas. the best part is they are using US hides. go figure...

You can always try ordering through Issurrection!

ForestForTheTrees

One of the Regulars
I too am very surprised to learn that you are having to pay all of the shipping costs on your own. I think the idea of inquiring with Aero to see if something could be arranged with Insurrection that might cut down on your costs is a good one. Regardless, I hope that your replacement jacket turns out to be everything that you were hoping the first jacket would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21