Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shirt (garment) bag

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Good day.. I'm looking for something to cover my shirts while hanging in my Jeep during travel (roadtrips). Something like a garment or suit bag, but it doesn't have to be "sturdy" as one would want for airline travel. Something zip able in vinyl would be great. Anyone seen something like this? Thanks Ron

carter

I'll Lock Up
rljsrubicon said:
Good day.. I'm looking for something to cover my shirts while hanging in my Jeep during travel (roadtrips). Something like a garment or suit bag, but it doesn't have to be "sturdy" as one would want for airline travel. Something zip able in vinyl would be great. Anyone seen something like this? Thanks Ron

Most Men's Clothing stores have them. Try a JosABank if ther is one near you.

You also can check with the Men's Suits Department in any Department Store.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, I just bought an absolute ton of these recently from retailer ROSS after finding my suits being eaten by moths, and they were ONLY $3.99 each or so, located in a low bin in the gardening/housewares department. I bought suit and coat bags.

Need pics?

Vintage Betty

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Thanks Everyone.. Ron

I've just been internet shopping so far and finding nothing. I knew I had seem them, somewhere in my dark past. I'll try and get out this weekend and look around. Packing for Jeep travel (extended roadtrips) is somewhat challenging as there is very little room! There's about 35" square and 24" tall available. The emergengy equipment container (Rubbermaid action packer) takes up almost half the total space. If you buy things specifically to fit the small back area, it can be done. We did a 25 day 5000 mile roadtrip this summer!.. Ron

PS: The image below is before I removed the back seat. Removing it gained about 12" and made room for a vehicle specific cooler.

RubiPack1.jpg

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Pic's

yes please, If it's not too much trouble. many thanks.. Ron

Vintage Betty said:
Yes, I just bought an absolute ton of these recently from retailer ROSS after finding my suits being eaten by moths, and they were ONLY $3.99 each or so, located in a low bin in the gardening/housewares department. I bought suit and coat bags.

Need pics?

Vintage Betty

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Ah ha.. "storage"

:eusa_doh: I discovered my problem in the search. Adding "storage" to the search string helps considerably:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: Ron

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Sandy has two

Well, I should have asked Sandy.. She has two, so we're good to go. I can hang them on the drivers side as I can't see out that window when driving anyhow.. Ron

Traveling with suits

I have one that is a light nylon type woven fabric that I keep my Tux in, but use it when I travel with a suit.

I'd like to get one of Shooting Systems Deluxe Garment bags some day. I have 2 of their Carry on bags that are awesome. I have had them for close to 20 years and are still in good shape. There are numerous Law Enforcement Agencies Federal and local that swear by them too.
Hardly vintage except for 80's tech look, but hardy luggage none the less.

Here is a link:

http://www.shootingsystems.com/cgi-...re_Code=SS&Product_Code=DGB&Category_Code=GTB

If that doesn't work try the website shootingsystems.com and check the luggage section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk