1. Lounge Update headed your way. Check the thread in the Observation Bar. If you don't like the light style, click the light bulb at the top-right of your screen.

Shoe opinions needed...

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by Funny Face, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Funny Face

Funny Face New in Town

I recently bought this dress, but I have no idea what style or colour of shoe would look best with it. [​IMG]

What do you think?

2. pennyseranade

pennyseranade One of the Regulars

My first choice would be a pair of vintage lucite heel.

3. ohairas

ohairas Call Me a Cab

Lucite heels would be fab. What an absolutely gorgeous dress!:eek:
    I would probably look for a satin dyeable shoe in a 50's heel style, and have them dyed to match the underskirt.

Welcome to the lounge Funny Face!
    Nikki

4. Myn

Myn New in Town

That dress is stunning, Funny Face! Wear it in joy, and welcome to the Lounge. :)

5. Ada Veen

Ada Veen Practically Family

What a lovely dress! I have a pair of very pale camel coloured shoes that seem to go with everything, so if you can't get lucite you could try that.

6. Miss_Bella_Hell

Miss_Bella_Hell My Mail is Forwarded Here

I would buy any shoe color you like with the green, and get a matching clutch. This way you could do white, black, camel, oxblood, etc, and get more wear depending on the season.

7. BeBopBaby

BeBopBaby One Too Many

For some reason, I think black patent leather pumps and a matching purse would look smashing.

8. MJrules

MJrules One of the Regulars

Or a luxe muted gold, heels and clutch...would bring out the shimmer in the dress?

9. Funny Face

Funny Face New in Town

I don't want to sound stupid, but...what are lucite heels? Could you post a picture? And I really like the gold heels idea, MJrules. What style were you thinking of? Just normal heels or something strappy? Thank you evereyone, you are a lot of help!

10. retrogirl1941

retrogirl1941 One Too Many

11. BeBopBaby

BeBopBaby One Too Many

12. retrogirl1941

13. retrogirl1941

More cute dyebles. These are too cute and I own a pair from this brand very comfortable.
    http://www.dyeables.com/templates/c...m?product_id=342&brand_id=5&product_type_id=1

This is the style I bought for my wedding. I got them done in black.http://www.dyeables.com/templates/c...fm?product_id=63&brand_id=5&product_type_id=1 If any of you ladies want them you might want to run(insert stampede emiticon here) to the store now b/c when I went in they were $20 but on clerance and they did'nt know how many more the company had.

Samantha

14. Helen Troy

Helen Troy A-List Customer

I say GOLD! My golden shoes seems to go with everything, and it really compliments shimmery greens like that dress.

15. pennyseranade

lucite: Think Cinderella

Here's a pic to give you an idea...They are usually sling back with a peep toe and carved heel, There is often a rhinestone detail on the top of the vamp.

[​IMG]

16. pennyseranade

If you can't find lucite heels that fit (I have yet to find a pair...) I would agree with the other girls. Dyeables or gold would be my next choice.

17. ohairas

ohairas Call Me a Cab

If you have a Charlotte Russe near you, they have a great selection of gold shoes right now. A more copper toned gold would be great.

Keep us posted, where are you going to wear it?!
    Nikki

18. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

I would do a shoe (and bag) darker in value to the dress. Color does not matter, just something to ground you on top (bag) and the bottom (shoes) because that dress is the focal point. You dont want anything competing with it.

LD

19. thebadmamajama

thebadmamajama Practically Family

I
    WANT
    YOUR
    DRESS.
    :eek:fftopic:

20. Funny Face

Funny Face New in Town

Well, everyone's been bunches of help. Thanks to you all I now know exactly what I want. I looked everywhere, but I could not find any lucite heels that are my size (8 1/2), so I decided to get some gold/bronze heels. I have not found exactly the right thing yet, but as soon as I do I will post a picture. I'm glad you all like my dress so much, and ohairas, I'm going to wear the dress to my sister's wedding. Again, thanks everyone, you're all great!