Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes

Michaelson

One Too Many
As long as my wife and I have been married, there's very little I don't care to do with her, but one....go shoe shopping. Somehow or other, I agreed to make a trip to Nashville with her, my sister-in-law, and eldest daughter, and among other things, we ended up in a very large shoe store.

While they were looking for sales, I decided to wander over to the men's section, a HUGE area that ran all the way down the side of this enormous store, to see what there was to choose from. They had every name brand one could imagine, and all levels of prices. What stopped me dead in my tracks was the number of slip on shoes they had in stock. I kid you not, at least 2/3rds of the displayed inventory were either brown or black slip ons. I finally found a small display of cap toed tie shoes, and couple lost looking pairs of dress browns...and ONE pair wingtips. Other than that, slip on shoes as far as the eye could see.

Now, I know it's been a while since I've purchased a pair of shoes, but have men become so lazy now that they don't (or in some cases can't) lean over and tie a pair of shoes ? Fashion is fashion, I know, but most of these pairs I saw were just plain black unadorned slipon shoes....not even loafers (which there were only a few decent pairs of THOSE to be seen). Absolutely no style what so ever!

I'm still shaking my head over a week later.

Regards. Michaelson

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
tie one on for me...

I agree with you. I'm not a fan of slip-ons or loafers. To me, they look lazy, and don't feel secure on my feet.

Bogie1943

Practically Family
I agree with you fellas, I only own two pairs of slip-ons myself, everything else is tie. However there is something to be said about a fine pair of the slip-ons, a pair with style.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Now THOSE are what I'm talking about when it comes to a stylish set of loafers....not those clunky black slip-ons that I saw row upon row of by different vendors the other day. High regards. Michaelson

Wild Root

Gone Home
I once had a pair of two tone slip-ons but, man they just kept trying to fly off when I would dance in them. I don't mind a good pair of loafers, but I know what you have seen out there and it's getting to be really depressing! Men's fashion is the lack of fashion. Women’s shoes and clothing are starting to really reflect men's clothes from the 30's and 40's.

I'm so glad I don't shop at the mall cuz I would just go nuts!

Root.

Retro Grouch

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by Michaelson
Now, I know it's been a while since I've purchased a pair of shoes, but have men become so lazy now that they don't (or in some cases can't) lean over and tie a pair of shoes ? Fashion is fashion, I know, but most of these pairs I saw were just plain black unadorned slipon shoes....not even loafers (which there were only a few decent pairs of THOSE to be seen). Absolutely no style what so ever!

YEAH!! :rage: What he said. <Scuffling in my Dexter loafers>

At least the velco fad is going away. :rolleyes:

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider