Shoulder width of a leather-jacket

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Don Tomaso, Mar 17, 2013.

1. born113

born113 One of the Regulars

@Christoball I just watched the movie Cobra (1986). And I remembered the fashion of the 1980s. In those days, everyone had such shapes, not just police coats.

2. Christoball

Christoball New in Town

So, you're saying what I need is a big set of shoulder pads?
    b47e90fe3d1eb8420779e429c83fca26.jpg

3. born113

born113 One of the Regulars

What you need to know only you yourself ;) I was just reminded of the fashion of the 1980s.

Christoball likes this.
  4. Christoball

Christoball New in Town

I remember the eighties too, and you are right I did wear slouchy outerwear back then. Had a technicolor mullet too, and it looked good on me. Not so much today though.

5. Will Zach

Will Zach Call Me a Cab

Christoball, the cops, particularly on the last pic, are massive guys, and fill these jackets well. In your case the jacket is too large, and seems to be wearing you. Size down might work.

Monitor and Christoball like this.
  6. Aloysius

Aloysius A-List Customer

I narrowly missed being able to pick up one of the jackets in their clearance that was made of their old heavier leather. :(

7. Christoball

Christoball New in Town

I bought mine during the 30% off clearance sale. I didn't know they were switching to a lighter weight leather. I just sent it back to exchange for a Medium. We'll see how the medium fits. Now I guess we'll also see if the replacement coat is in heavy or lighter leather.