Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your 1930s Beach Pyjamas

VintageBaroness

One of the Regulars
Any other vintage lovers/collectors entranced by the short-lived but oh-so-colourful 1930s beach pyjama (or pajama) craze? I'd love to see photos of those in your collection or ebay/etsy favourites or your vintage image cache!! Below is a gingham pair that I ended up letting go of last year....
IMG_1577.JPG

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
Any other vintage lovers/collectors entranced by the short-lived but oh-so-colourful 1930s beach pyjama (or pajama) craze? I'd love to see photos of those in your collection or ebay/etsy favourites or your vintage image cache!! Below is a gingham pair that I ended up letting go of last year....
IMG_1577.JPG

oh goodness i adore these!!!!!! :) i want to make a pair so bad since i cant seem to find any anywhere haha

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
7210447544_43b4455628.jpg

I picked this Jacket and pyjama set up years ago.
Not a great photo as I've taken the snap of my beach pyjammies from a book (I haven't got round to taking any of my own yet!).

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Won these beauties in a poorly-labeled auction lot of 1920s and 1930s day dresses for an avg. of $8 a piece-- I was a happy girl :D
beachpyjamas3.jpg

Worn by the shore in Cape Cod last summer.

(They look faded, but it's just the film)

I'm hoping for another occasion to trot them out this beach season as well; they're such fun to wear :)

VintageBaroness

One of the Regulars
I remember just jumping for joy over this post. What a find!!!
Won these beauties in a poorly-labeled auction lot of 1920s and 1930s day dresses for an avg. of $8 a piece-- I was a happy girl :D
beachpyjamas3.jpg

Worn by the shore in Cape Cod last summer.

(They look faded, but it's just the film)

I'm hoping for another occasion to trot them out this beach season as well; they're such fun to wear :)

VintageBaroness

One of the Regulars
I have original 'bottoms' in a really similar fabric pattern but brighter colours. Forgot about them till I saw this. Another thing to get out and photograph!

Neat, Miss Sis! Can't wait to see!

I found an original bolero and wore it yesterday as part of a fun outfit, but forgot to take pics. Will have to do so, too! In the mean-time, here's the image of the ebay listing:

bolerobay.jpg

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
I love Beach Pajamas too!

I sold this one a few months ago. It's a cotton print of college penants.
Unfortunately it was only in fair condition. It has some stains and the dark colors have all run in the cotton fabric.

v633.JPG

And this silk pair I've had for over 10 years. Love, love, love them.

pajama1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points