Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Barometers

MikeBravo

One Too Many
I've always found barometers to be fascinating scientific instruments, something that every gentleman of substance owned. Now with the internet and such weather forecasting is at everyone's fingertips. My fascination has remained.

I have been fortunate enough to collect a number of them in various guises in the last 12 months.

Banjo barometer.JPG Ships wheel barometer.JPG German barometer.JPG Horizontal barometer.JPG Keyhole barometer.JPG T Gaunt.JPG Upright barometer.JPG

Attachments

• Ornate banjo baro.JPG
    Ornate banjo baro.JPG
    547.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

Bugguy

Practically Family
I've always found barometers to be fascinating scientific instruments, something that every gentleman of substance owned. Now with the internet and such weather forecasting is at everyone's fingertips. My fascination has remained.

Second one across the top - the ship wheel - is too familiar. My father had one. I don't recall seeing it when we moved everything; not sure where it went. I just sent a 3-piece set to Goodwill - thermometer, barometer and hygrometer. It didn't make the cut as a keeper as we downsize.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Second one across the top - the ship wheel - is too familiar. My father had one. I don't recall seeing it when we moved everything; not sure where it went. I just sent a 3-piece set to Goodwill - thermometer, barometer and hygrometer. It didn't make the cut as a keeper as we downsize.

That's a shame! One of the best things about them is you can hang them on a wall, saving flat storage space.

Good luck in your new home.

3fingers

One Too Many
I had one years ago. It disappeared along with my first marriage. I do still have one of these hygrometers around though. Not quite as classy, but interesting none the less.
c9b369ece57fdb7620bd8ef9b43a6ded.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk