Show us your bowlers

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Matt Deckard, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Matt Deckard

Matt Deckard Man of Action

I have a few and wear them now and again. I'd like to see more pics of our members wearing their bowlers out and about.

My Dobbs bowler I had refurbished by Optimo hats.
    [​IMG]

My old Lock & Co Hatters bowler that needs to be refurbished.
    [​IMG]

My old Knox bowler that needed refurbishing.
    I'm in a bad mood in this pic. My hat is coming apart and I don't think the food is sitting well.
    [​IMG]

I have a brown one somewhere too.

Anywho, let's see those bowlers.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  2. .
    Good point, Matt. I've long wondered whether those Loungers with their growing collections of bowlers actually wear them around town. Maybe now we'll find out.

3. Shangas

Shangas I'll Lock Up

I never thought I'd look good in a bowler. I don't own one, as a result. The closest thing I have is a black homburg. Haven't found occasion to wear that one in public yet, either...

The bowler is a weird hat. It's the one hat that can look classy or crass at the same time. A guy dressed to the nines can wear one and shine, or it looks just as in-place on a guy who just strolled out of the thrift-shop.

4. newturnofphrase

newturnofphrase One of the Regulars

I used to wear one everywhere (not every day though) back in HS, but I don't have any pictures. These days I only wear them on holidays (nuit blanche, new years, possibly St. Patties etc) or occasionally when I'm celebrating and not going anywhere with a dress code. In my field conformity and image are important. And yet I think bowlers are great. Life is hard.

Also, Matt, I enjoy that your recent photos have been around Toronto. If there's anywhere in Toronto to wear a bowler, it's strolling down Queen west.

5. Matt Deckard

Thanks. The style looks much more in place than when I wear it in LA. I wish I had some pics of when I wore one in London.

6. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

7. 99benzman

99benzman New in Town

I don't have the bowlllls to wear a bowler... sorry I could not resist! I like the look but I don't dress up enough to wear one. I'm more of a casual dress guy and when I have business to do well, thats business casual.

8. zetwal

zetwal I'll Lock Up

9. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

10. Yes, but that thread doesn't answer the question of whether bowler hat owners wear their bowlers around town, and not just in their home offices and backyards.

11. Matt Deckard

Exactly

Show us your bowlers!

12. alanfgag

alanfgag

Here are a couple, previously posted in the aforementioned thread. I do wear them, but not frequently.

Stetson Premier Quality

[​IMG]

Crofut & Knapp

[​IMG]

13. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

I actually wear mine occasionally. The problem is I rarely take photos when I am out on the town.

14. Brad Bowers

Brad Bowers I'll Lock Up

Sorry, I don't have any Bowlers or else I'd post photos. I just own Derbies. lol

Brad

15. newturnofphrase

newturnofphrase One of the Regulars

LOL in the interest of avoiding redundant threads...

16. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

I love the way bowlers look on other people. I think I'd look goofy in one, but I could be wrong.

On another note, it looks like Matt is wearing a black hat with brown shoes, something I had thought was taboo, but if Matt does it, I guess it's not (totally) gauche.

Or is that a dark brown hat? Or black shoes? Am I just not seeing the colors properly?