Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Show us your bowlers

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I have a few and wear them now and again. I'd like to see more pics of our members wearing their bowlers out and about.

My Dobbs bowler I had refurbished by Optimo hats.
420007_10151279476755618_712115617_22388142_206893421_n.jpg

My old Lock & Co Hatters bowler that needs to be refurbished.
Bowler1-vi.jpg

My old Knox bowler that needed refurbishing.
I'm in a bad mood in this pic. My hat is coming apart and I don't think the food is sitting well.
IMG_9291-vi.jpg

I have a brown one somewhere too.

Anywho, let's see those bowlers.

Last edited:

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I never thought I'd look good in a bowler. I don't own one, as a result. The closest thing I have is a black homburg. Haven't found occasion to wear that one in public yet, either...

The bowler is a weird hat. It's the one hat that can look classy or crass at the same time. A guy dressed to the nines can wear one and shine, or it looks just as in-place on a guy who just strolled out of the thrift-shop.

newturnofphrase

One of the Regulars
I used to wear one everywhere (not every day though) back in HS, but I don't have any pictures. These days I only wear them on holidays (nuit blanche, new years, possibly St. Patties etc) or occasionally when I'm celebrating and not going anywhere with a dress code. In my field conformity and image are important. And yet I think bowlers are great. Life is hard.

Also, Matt, I enjoy that your recent photos have been around Toronto. If there's anywhere in Toronto to wear a bowler, it's strolling down Queen west.

Last edited:

99benzman

New in Town
I don't have the bowlllls to wear a bowler... sorry I could not resist! I like the look but I don't dress up enough to wear one. I'm more of a casual dress guy and when I have business to do well, thats business casual.

Here are a couple, previously posted in the aforementioned thread. I do wear them, but not frequently.

Stetson Premier Quality

020812.jpg

Crofut & Knapp

knapp7.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I have a few and wear them now and again. I'd like to see more pics of our members wearing their bowlers out and about.

My Dobbs bowler I had refurbished by Optimo hats.
420007_10151279476755618_712115617_22388142_206893421_n.jpg

I love the way bowlers look on other people. I think I'd look goofy in one, but I could be wrong.

On another note, it looks like Matt is wearing a black hat with brown shoes, something I had thought was taboo, but if Matt does it, I guess it's not (totally) gauche.

Or is that a dark brown hat? Or black shoes? Am I just not seeing the colors properly?