Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Show us your Guns!

SurfGent

Suspended
Ok so I told you I got a few. Hears a mint 1980 Wingmaster I got for 200$
KIMG0001.jpg

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Man, I do love the 870s, tough as nails.
Here's one I picked up the other day, a Romanian Carpati Model 74 in .32ACP/7.65. This thing was filthy and had the heaviest DA trigger I have ever seen on a handgun, including the H&K VP70! SA wasn't too bad. After a serious cleaning, the DA trigger pull went from unbelievable to just lousy. It also had a 3/8" shelf on the left grip to make ATF import points. A bit of work in the garage got rid of that and it now is a rather trim little beast to hold.

SurfGent

Suspended
Man, I do love the 870s, tough as nails.
Here's one I picked up the other day, a Romanian Carpati Model 74 in .32ACP/7.65. This thing was filthy and had the heaviest DA trigger I have ever seen on a handgun, including the H&K VP70! SA wasn't too bad. After a serious cleaning, the DA trigger pull went from unbelievable to just lousy. It also had a 3/8" shelf on the left grip to make ATF import points. A bit of work in the garage got rid of that and it now is a rather trim little beast to hold.
Funny they say calibers like 32 or even 380 are marginally acceptable for self defense. I dunno , seems like a 380 or 32 at close range to the head neck or chest would do the trick. At least send the bad guys running the other way. I wouldn't want to kill anyone anyway.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
No, it was a straight up DA only first shot semi-auto with no manual safety. The "safety" on the 92G (Gendarme) was strictly for hammer release, no other purpose. A serviceable weapon, though none I would have ever chosen for myself.

The only experience I had with a Beretta was when talking with a trooper many years ago. They had just switched from the 92 to the 96D (DAO). We were issued the S&W 4046 DAO. We were complaining about the long DAO trigger pulls and he said the Smith was better. He then let me try the 96D and I had to agree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yu-kun