Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Show us your Guns!

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Most of you know I'm a S&W snob with revolvers, but sometimes a mud puppy just has to follow you home. It's some off-brand with a pony on it. Made in 1905 in .38WCF and tight as a drum!
4CPtRB8.jpg

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Most of you know I'm a S&W snob with revolvers, but sometimes a mud puppy just has to follow you home. It's some off-brand with a pony on it. Made in 1905 in .38WCF and tight as a drum!
4CPtRB8.jpg
4CPtRB8.jpg
How do you like the Bisley grip? I have never handled one. Nice looking revolver.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
My latest is this EMF Deluxe Californian, in .45, made by Pietta. I looked up the dealers for this company, and found an old friend of mine is a dealer. He has been shooting fast draw as long as I have known him. He had the one I wanted in stock, I couldn't believe it. And he gave me a way better price than I expected. I have been making a holster for it, that should be done this weekend. This revolver has a very nice action, much better than expected.
97ea1c7868196f99ba67c40ec7750219.jpg
f8cafc68cb61e5e290386ec1420717c6.jpg
de00bd7771d2394a1ce4751757d3d0f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Hey DD:
Very nice pistol but that leatherwork is OUTSTANDING!! Really takes me back to when my brother and i did some and the leatherworking shop class. Still have the Tandy kit up in a closet....humm!
Be well. Bowen

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you Bowen! Get that kit out and pound some leather! I started this in an 8th grade art class. Here it is now.
Hey DD:
Very nice pistol but that leatherwork is OUTSTANDING!! Really takes me back to when my brother and i did some and the leatherworking shop class. Still have the Tandy kit up in a closet....humm!
Be well. Bowen
34ac8c8ce1ce04679a4ef943f265c233.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jkingrph

Practically Family
DB, that AR project does sound interesting and I would love to see photos of it.
Still under construction as a Weight & Balance Mockup (hence the "blank" lower with no components and the lack of upper components), but latest update:
399363-122fb2d6036e4019fc28d5d4c90069a6-jpg.449689

If the BT's will allow me to continue sharing my Development Engineering work, I'll try to slide up a couple more showing the "Discreet Carry" configuration in both "stowed" and "deployed" conditions.

This is in Home Defense configuration with a sixty-round drum magazine. Normal "Discreet Carry" would be a ten-round PMAG in the well, with two 40's on the left-side carrier and in the forearm brace's "tunnel." Concept is based on SOCOM's Mk 18 CQBW as adapted by West Coast US Navy EOD teams for personal defense; the CASV-EL handguard with "backbone" rail was made to their specs. Rear sight is a Diamondhead and optic is a DI Optical Falcon prism sight; both are better suited to shooters with weak vision and the FC1 is a barely-civilianized version of one used by the South Korean military. Main light is a 400-lumen Olight PL-1 II Valkyrie mainly there for "When You Gotta Blind EVERYONE In The Room;" on the opposite side is a crappy low-power red beam Princeton Tec Switch Rail for me to see by. Back end uses the Vltor A5 buffer system (basically an M4 tube stretched to M16 length with a longer, heavier tube and an M16 spring) combined with a LAW Tactical side-fold adapter. Furniture is FAB Defense stuff used by the FBI, other than mine having a folding feature on the maingrip--admittedly it hasn't gone through firing trials yet, but so far the combined positioning of angled foregrip and thumbrest give me a lockup on the front end solid enough that I don't think I'd benefit from a stock at the rear even if I were legally or biomechanically able to use one.

Change the colors/handguard/sights and add a can, and basically you have the PDW's that stood overwatch at the inauguration.

Yet to be installed:
  • Lasermax LMS-UNI-GVP laser (sight rail) and tape switch (rail behind thumbrest)
  • Indian Creek BFD blast deflector (needs bayonet-lug cut off; even if I had a ready pistol lower, muzzle blast alone will make this Unsafe To Fire without a deflector--Mk 18's without cans are generally known to be 2-in-1 firearm-flamethrower combos)
Future development to create a "Production Spec" ready for armorer construction and issue will require selection of a new handguard (probably something in M-Lok like Geisselle's Mk14, if Will Geisselle can ever get past his attitude problem toward shorties) and probably move to a rail-mount rather than integral front sight. 12.5" "stretch model" under consideration based on very rare GL/SSC variant would add another magazine carrier between foregrip and magwell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonychen929