Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Levallois

Practically Family
8355C524-4C3A-433D-92F1-372FF1E7A872.jpeg
7B14C037-0DD7-4660-B682-F163E8EFDEDD.jpeg
I appreciate the nice comments! I got to stop doing this or the wife will have my blanks in a jar. I am supposed to be cleaning up my stuff not playing with all of it.
It is a pocket holster and it has the older Heiser mark on the front so it is old - I think pre 1925? Back is pretty boring except for some sweat or other marks? It does show how nicely made it is. I was lucky to get it.

Last edited:

Kirk H.

One Too Many
View attachment 179830 Last one, American Railway Express Company (1917-1929-ish) scenario - Colt Police Positive was sent to them in 1923. Badge is the real deal for Special Officer. I am assuming these persons guard valuable cargo but that is just a WAG on my part. I haven't been able to find anything about that job yet.
You would be correct Sir. This is from Wikipedia
" The Railway Express Agency (REA), founded as the American Railway Express Agency and later renamed the American Railway Express Inc., was a national package delivery service that operated in the United States from 1918 to 1975. REA arranged transport and delivery via existing railroad infrastructure, much as today's UPS or DHL companies use roads and air transport. It was created through the forced consolidation of existing services into a national near-monopoly to ensure the rapid and safe movement of parcels, money, and goods during World War I.

REA ceased operations in 1975, when its business model ceased to be viable."

I have enjoyed all of the photos you have posted showing all the memorabilia of the past with the firearms. I wonder if someday if my grandkids will look at my badge, gear and service weapon and say "wow, grandpa's polymer service pistol sure looks cool."

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 179830 Last one, American Railway Express Company (1917-1929-ish) scenario - Colt Police Positive was sent to them in 1923. Badge is the real deal for Special Officer. I am assuming these persons guard valuable cargo but that is just a WAG on my part. I haven't been able to find anything about that job yet.
Enjoying the photos. If this is the last one you need to go out and buy some more. ;)

Levallois

Practically Family
8EC148C6-2B41-434C-9A8D-4545B83C75AC.jpeg
Thanks guys and you're going to get me in so much trouble.
Here is one from a while ago, again just fooling around. Guns and accoutrements that a forward thinking (and well off) deputy sheriff circa 1910 might use. Savage 1899H SRC in 32-40 (rare caliber for Savage) and a Colt 1900 pistol in 38acp (rare model that still has its sight safety) in a period Porter holster actually made for that model (or the 1902). Holsters made for these pistols are very scarce.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 179950 Thanks guys and you're going to get me in so much trouble.
Here is one from a while ago, again just fooling around. Guns and accoutrements that a forward thinking (and well off) deputy sheriff circa 1910 might use. Savage 1899H SRC in 32-40 (rare caliber for Savage) and a Colt 1900 pistol in 38acp (rare model that still has its sight safety) in a period Porter holster actually made for that model (or the 1902). Holsters made for these pistols are very scarce.
I really love this. Great rifle and pistol. Just great.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 179950 Thanks guys and you're going to get me in so much trouble.
Not as detailed as your photos Levallois, but I call this my 1869 rig. 1866 Winchester replica (Uberti) 44 WCF, Uberti Colt Conversion 38 Colt, with skinning knife, and my old Stetson Gun Club that is showing its age.
gun,  1869 rig.JPG

Yahoody

One Too Many
Thanks! I liked the gun and the carved ivory but I borrowed the watch from a neighbor. The original owner owned a bar/speak easy in Chicago during Prohibition. The watch was solid gold and 23 jewell and still runs like a champ. I had fun rebuilding his 1911 (bar owner's 1911) for the nephew that has both gun and watch now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB