Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

DeaconKC

One Too Many
EngProf, thanks for the tip. Dry firing in the store revealed no bad habits, so I hope it hold through. Anybody have a source for Savage Serial Numbers, this one is a pretty early one, S/N 130xx

EngProf

Practically Family
EngProf, thanks for the tip. Dry firing in the store revealed no bad habits, so I hope it hold through. Anybody have a source for Savage Serial Numbers, this one is a pretty early one, S/N 130xx
Mine works normally when only dry-fired. The problem comes when you cock it and then apply the safety. Taking the safety off causes the unwanted hammer fall.
I'll someday try to figure out the problem, but there are so many other project guns with higher priority that the "solution" for the Savage is just to not load it.

jkingrph

Practically Family
One of those is on my list along with the K38 Masterpiece and K22, both with 6" barrels. Whether I ever hunt them down is another question. My problem is that a man can't have too many shotguns . . .

The first gun I purchased myself was a K 38, then a K 22 about two years later. That was 1968 and 1970. For years I have wished I could complete the trifecta and find a good clean K 32, but have never seen one.

green papaya

One Too Many
1960's Russian KGB Tokarev holster & KGB mechanical wrist watch , the pistol is a Chinese version called the Type 54-1 , the Russian version is known as the TT-33.

2016-11-24_111612.jpg 2016-11-24_112156.jpg 2016-11-24_112558.jpg

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Man, what a problem picking up my latest waif, a Remington Model 10 12 Gauge. Went to pick it up and we took it down to check it out. Came apart beautifully, but when we went to remount the barrel, it would not go together! The dealer called a local gunsmith who knows these old beasts and he got it back together. He said probably the last guy to own it had that problem and once he got it back together probably never took it apart again! Calling him tomorrow to find out what needs to be done so I can take it down. Pics tomorrow when I get some decent light!

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Well, here are some pics of thee Model 10, found out it was built in 1909! Discovered it has some nice grain in the buttstock, as you can see the bluing is pristine on the left side but looks like someone got careless on the right. Than I threw in a pic of "Grandpa and Grandson" the Model 10 and the 870 that stands guard here at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112