Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Looks like some trolling was thankfully removed! Here's something nice to get us back on track.

Attachments

• 45 opentops.jpg
    45 opentops.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 84

bobbyjr

New in Town
We obviously need another gun! 1905 Colt that showed earlier in the week.
Daym it looks good! I think my next purchase gonna be a lever, I've wanted one ever since I was a child and watched all the cowboy movies with my grandad!

bobbyjr

New in Town
I'm a huge fan of lever guns! Any specific model in mind?
Thinking about something like Henry Golden Boy, but nothing specific in mind, do you have any suggestions? Still gonna have like a month or 2 till I'm going for it, can't bring every monthly payment to the local gun store after all

Yahoody

One Too Many
I spent several decades collecting all the Winchester lever guns from the earliest Henry, to the Model '95. Most of them are replicas now but a few originals. I have shot them all a bunch for fun, hunting and in Cowboy action shooting.

Henry's modern lever guns are very nice guns. I don't think you can go wrong there. Nice choice

For a bigger caliber and a lot more in price ($) the newest Winchester '73s are amazingly well built rifles.

Make sure you post a picture!

Last edited:

bobbyjr

New in Town
Henry's modern lever guns are very nice guns. I don't think you can go wrong there. Nice choice

For a bigger caliber and a lot more in price ($) the newest Winchester '73s and amazingly well built rifles.
Yeah, that's what I've heard about Henry too. First, I want something a bit lower caliber to get used to lever-rifle shooting, then might check out higher calibers, since I know lotsa folks who hunt deer and even elk with those!

Edward

Bartender
@Yahoody @DeaconKC

No foul on your part, gents. When we do delete problem posts, we generally also clean things up by deleting posts responding to the trolling and which contain nothing relevant to the thread. No posts with any content involving displaying firearms were removed - just a couple of responses where you (rightly) pointed out to the troll that their behaviour is not accepted in these parts. Keeps everything tidy and avoids continued disruption to the flow.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Thanks Edward!
bobbyjr, check out the basic Henry 22 rifle. They are super sweet little guns and more fun than should be allowed!
I reload too, also for Cowboy Action Shooting. If you think you would be interested in that sport, check out the forums at sassnet.com, great bunch over there.
Definitely a good looking AK, makes me miss my Galil clone.

bobbyjr

New in Town
Thanks Edward!
bobbyjr, check out the basic Henry 22 rifle. They are super sweet little guns and more fun than should be allowed!
I reload too, also for Cowboy Action Shooting. If you think you would be interested in that sport, check out the forums at sassnet.com, great bunch over there.
Definitely a good looking AK, makes me miss my Galil clone.
Oh yeah I've heard about SASS, gonna check it out later! Still have some time to make up my mind which model I want for a lever

DeaconKC

One Too Many
I've had the Rossi copies of the Winchester 92s and they were good little rifles. I have Ubertis right now two 73 s and a 66, and I love the heavier barrels on them.

Yahoody

One Too Many
1661540204110.png

1873 carbine above.

The flip side to Deacon's comment? And no wrong answers here;) I think all the current lever guns are truly spectacular.

Of all my lever guns, Browning (made by Miroku) Uberti, Rossi, Winchester, old and new (Miroku). I am really impressed with the '73 carbine. And all of Miroku's aka Browning's offering over the years no matter the configuration.

Ubertis are exceptional as well. This is a Uberti short, deluxe rifle in 32-20.
1661540244079.jpeg

Top to bottom, 1866, 1873, 1876 and a 1886.
1661540130694.jpeg

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 447100
1873 carbine above.

The flip side to Deacon's comment? And no wrong answers here;) I think all the current lever guns are truly spectacular.

Of all my lever guns, Browning (made by Miroku) Uberti, Rossi, Winchester, old and new (Miroku). I am really impressed with the '73 carbine. And all of Miroku's aka Browning's offering over the years no matter the configuration.

Ubertis are exceptional as well. This is a Uberti short, deluxe rifle in 32-20.
View attachment 447101

Top to bottom, 1866, 1873, 1876 and a 1886.
View attachment 447099
How many yards out for those tight groups? Nice.

Yahoody

One Too Many
How many yards out for those tight groups? Nice.

Thanks. Nothing special though. 25 yards from a bench. Open sights and an orange dot that I can barely see at 25 yards!

Same deal here with the fancy '66 short rifle pictured on the rack above and below the photos. Just bigger bullets in a .44 ;)

My best 10 shot group from the Uberti '66 @ 25 yards. The gun really can shoot.

DSC01785.JPG

1661553063994.png

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Been too quiet here folks. Cross your fingers for me, if a customer doesn't buy it tomorrow [I'm giving him first chance] I will be buying a VERY nice S&W Model 25 that has had a bunch of work done to it to make it a custom gun. Barrel bobbed to 3 1/2", semi-bobbed hammer and an unbelievable trigger.
@Yahoody how did that 1911 pictured above finish up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko