Show us your hair do's....

Discussion in 'Beauty' started by Vanessa, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Yes! That's what it is.... I was racking my brain lol Thank you :)

2. ginfizz

ginfizz One of the Regulars

I'm so jealous of you naturally wavy haired ladies.

3. Esme

Esme One of the Regulars

4. Grant Fan

Grant Fan Practically Family

5. fortworthgal

fortworthgal Call Me a Cab

It looks great!! I'm glad you took the plunge & cut it, I remember your other thread where you were debating it. It really looks nice. How do you like it?

I love this, it looks like a very everyday 1940s 'do. Very pretty on you!

6. Grant Fan

FortworthGal I love it, and to be honest it is so much lower maintenance I didn't even realize how much effort I was spending on it before.

7. C-dot

C-dot Call Me a Cab

Grant Fan, the short hair really suits you! :) I'm glad it's low maintenence, too. I think you adapt to your growing hair so gradually that you never realize how much time you've spent until it changes.

8. zombi

zombi A-List Customer

GrantFan, it looks fantastic!! You may be helping me make up my mind to finally cut my long hair, too!! I've been debating it and after seeing yours I may take the plunge...

Lolly -- I think that's a lovely everyday do. It does look very everyday-40s to me, too. :) I like it!

9. Katinka von K.

Katinka von K. A-List Customer

GrantFan you always look amazing. The new cut suites you!

I´ve learned something new yesterday: My hair needs at least 10 hours of setting to look ok. I wasn´t satisfied with the curls I got, but the style instantly became a favorite. Please excuse the horrible phone picture:

[​IMG]

10. Your hair looks great and that dress (?) is wonderful too :)

11. LinaSofia

LinaSofia A-List Customer

Grantfan - looks fab!! I am actually going for that same cut, also inspired by pictures of Dita! But I haven't made it to the hairdressers yet... I haven't been to the hairdressers for a good 10 years in fact (yes, I know) so it takes a little building up to!

Katinka - looks great! You look really pretty.

12. Grant Fan

LinaSofia It would look great on you. I know it take a bit of courage but it's great when it's done.

13. Henry Gondorff

Henry Gondorff A-List Customer

That is a great hair - do and an amazing outfit! :eusa_clap

14. Land-O-LakesGal

Land-O-LakesGal Practically Family

Katinka it looks fabulous, I take 10 hours of setting too I understand I can shave off a few with some time under a hooded dryer if you think you have the room you might want to look into one.

15. zombi

zombi A-List Customer

Katinka, looks like a cute everyday style!

16. Black Dahlia

Black Dahlia Call Me a Cab

I love your hair Grant Fan. It looks amazing! I got mine cut recently, a middy. Still not pleased with it. It's so much more work now!
    X
    BD

17. Katinka von K.

Katinka von K. A-List Customer

Thank you all :). The outfit is a cardigan, a sleeveless shirt and an elastic belt. Nothing to special.

Actually I spent at least one hour under the dryer. I set it with damp hair, using pincurls and some rollers, but somehow it didn´t dry properly. I´ll just stay with my pin curls over night, as it seems like I get the best results with that.

18. Grant Fan

Katinka I agree with the other girls your style is great, and honestly I think the set is pretty good too. Also love the belt

19. Esme

Esme One of the Regulars

I was at Sally Beauty yesterday to get some LottaBody (the very young trainee kept saying, "What's it called?" when the trainer stepped to our aisle and said, "It's on the bottom" I thought she was asking "Lotta BOTTOM?" I almost said, "I have quite enough of that, thanks!" But I digress.)
    They had hood dryers for $50 and Caruso rollers on sale for about the same price. I can only afford one or the other. Probably get the rollers and keep looking for an old dryer at SVdeP.

20. zombi

zombi A-List Customer

Well, I think I'm slowly getting the hang of it... those Lauren Bacall style instructions have been the most helpful thing ever to me. These pictures were taken AFTER an hour at the gym (I put it up w/the wave pinned in place & the rest bunned then took it down)... so excuse my face/clothing/etc...:

[​IMG]

from the front...: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/katherynne/DSCN3063.jpg