Show us your home decor!

Discussion in 'Your Vintage Home' started by Amy Jeanne, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Zachary

Zachary One of the Regulars

IMG_1582.jpg

2. Kahuna

Kahuna One of the Regulars

Here's a few shots of my favorite room. My wife says it's cluttered but it's cluttered with all the stuff I enjoy looking at so I'm OK with that. tiki room 004.jpg If having one picture you enjoy is a good thing, having a lot is even better, right? tiki room 006.jpg Tiki collection. Walls are not this shade of green in real life.
    tiki room 007.jpg
    tiki room 003.jpg
    I guess I've got a thing for old neck ties.

3. redlinerobert

redlinerobert One of the Regulars

Just bought this lamp. Not sure if it's going on my bar at home or at the bar from the property we are rehabbing next to the Mission.

20180102_122828_resized.jpg

4. Zachary

Zachary One of the Regulars

Now that’s a vintage find ...
    DCA3982A-81C9-4BA2-909A-D0997C9BF03B.jpeg

5. vitanola

vitanola I'll Lock Up

Well, a job opportunity has moved me (temporarily) into a property manager's cottage on a lake. The place isn't very period. Well actually it is. Just the wrong period. Mid-1960s log cabin. I went through some cast-off furniture which never worked in our houses and came.up with THIS:

rsz_20181015_190724.jpg rsz_20181015_190734.jpg

A bit odd, no particular style, but fairly comfortable. Certainly not conventional in any sense.

6. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

Some of the more exotic items we display around the home:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr. Nantus and Imuricecreamman like this.
  7. Ethan Douglas

Ethan Douglas Familiar Face

I was sitting at my desk writing this morning and looked at how my desk was arranged. This wasn't staged, just how my desk looks currently. I was reading the magazine last night, cause what else do you read on a Saturday evening! Haha figured it was good enough to snap a picture of.

Attached Files:

8. Gazman G.

Gazman G. New in Town

Our black & gold bedroom

Attached Files:

MitchellFW likes this.
  9. Retromoto

Retromoto One of the Regulars

My wife and I are into Craftsman style mixed with eclectic what works for us.

Attached Files:

10. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

A corner of my apartment...

My dad made the China cabinet back in the early 1970s so I guess it could be considered an antique now! vintage.jpg

11. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend

I don't know, but could I already add my 90s living room in 2020, LOL??

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    AmateisGal likes this.
  12. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend

Welcome to the 90s museum!! :D

Attached Files:

13. 1930artdeco

1930artdeco Practically Family

I just bought these for my fiancé as her dresser was ugly and imploding. I wanted a complete set of birds eye maple to match my bed and found these at an estate sale. Got there just in the nick of time too. As someone came in right behind us wanting the dresser.

the son was clearing out his parents house so we are the second owners of some really nicely kept furniture. I will be on the lookout for another side cabinet and an armoir/highboy next. I may even get the bed to match and then sell mine. That way it will still be a matched set. I am thinking these are from the 40’s as the sone was my age (late 40’s). Am I close?
    Also, is there a way to get rid of water rings and other surface scratches? I know these are veneered so not sure if a sand and revarnish will work.

thanks,

mike

Ps. Can someone please tell me how to attach an image from my phone that is not upside down? How do I fix this? Thanks.

Attached Files:

MitchellFW and David Conwill like this.
  14. Gabe

Gabe New in Town

Apartment coming along nicely. Just decorating with stuff I’ve collected over the years, when I eventually get a house of my own it’ll be more authentic. The late 40’s admiral television and late 50s RCA stereo was restored by myself.

Attached Files:

15. Yahoody

Yahoody Practically Family

x

16. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend

Original 1990. Finally screwed new and clear bulbs in and it's so much better now!

Attached Files:

17. Nick&Nora

Nick&Nora New in Town

It's been awhile since I've been here so I'm practicing how to upload photos. LOL These are a few photos I have from last year. I hope I'm doing this right. DSCN0090.JPG DSCN0141.JPG DSCN0084.JPG DSCN0141.JPG DSCN0084.JPG DSCN0024.JPG

Vaquero357 and Bushman like this.
  18. Nick&Nora

Nick&Nora New in Town

LOL Somehow I managed to put double photos of my kitchen & library. Should have been these two instead. LOL

DSCN0086.JPG DSCN0091.JPG

19. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

@Nick&Nora, welcome to FL. Love your "The Thin Man" name. You have a lot of very cool things in your home.

Nick&Nora likes this.
  20. Nick&Nora

Nick&Nora New in Town

Thanks for the welcome and thank you for the compliments. We love the Thin Man movies. As for our home, we have an eclectic taste in home decor. We buy what we like and we mix a lot of different styles. LOL

Fading Fast likes this.