Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

show us your lippy

olive bleu

One Too Many
besamered.jpg
Two things i think we all love..our lipstick, and gooing over pics of each other's looks.There are many threads dealing with various shades of vintage(Y) lipstick's, but as we all know,they can often appear much different in the package,than on the lips...what about posting pics of ourselves, and telling what shade we are wearing?

I know the outcome will vary depending on skintone etc., from person to person, but i think it will help others that are committment shy:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
What a fun idea, I would love to take pics with all my make-up........I just gotta get a freakin camera. Can't wait to see what the other ladies post;)

Shearer

Practically Family
A couple Besame colours

Okay, I just cropped my lips out because my face is scary pale. And because the first one is a pic I took in my PJs for someone :eek: So this is more of an idea of what the shade looks like, than what the shade looks like on anyone who isn't as white as I am :D

Here's Besame Red:

besamered.jpg

And here is Besame's Cherry Red (from same pic I put in the golden era celebrity thread if you really want to see my paleness):

cherryred.jpg

VanillaT

One of the Regulars
Ooo Ooo I like it!

Here are my two all-time favorites:

1) Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Creme No. 675 Volcanic Red

VolcanicRed.jpg

AND

2) Lumene (Finnish brand) Happy Reds No. 410 In My Heart (Sydamessain)

DSCN4037.jpg

As you can see I have a bit more of a yellowy-toned skin so I stick to warmer reds. :p

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
What great lips y'all have! Funny, I was meaning to bring up a thread something like this. I am having a heck of a time trying to get softer, rounder, 40's looking lips. Mine are SO pointed and every time I try, I feel I look like a clown. Or one side looks good, so I try to do the other and it never comes out even.. so back and forth I go until it looks like I got botox. :eusa_doh:

Do they make stencils for lips like they do for brows? [huh]

Here's a pic of me wearing Certainly Red by Revlon, tho it's quite flashed out! I just took off my makeup so I can't take a new pic right now..
Nikki
P1010047.jpg

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Mean look!

3_26_06029.jpg

That's my old fave, Revlon Moisturous Lipstick in Red Monsoon. It was a little less sheer in real life than in the picture, but it was kind of a pain because it was so glossy it would get all over the place unless I was super careful. I still love it though!

lips.jpg

This is from my avatar, I wish I could get a bigger/better picture of it. It looks a lot brighter and richer in real life. Anyway, this is Mac Retro Matte lipstick in Ruby Woo. My only complaint with this is that it may be a tad dramatic for daytime, but whatever, I look absolutely dead unless my lips are bright red! It also can be a little drying, but I don't have to touch it up for hours.

olive bleu

One Too Many
i am so thrilled!! I will try to get a pic of myself, in my various shades on the weekend, when my sister comes over with her camera!

I have so many, but i can't get them to look the way you ladies do, I always look like i put it on in the dark!!

Kim_B

Practically Family
I use Bare Escentuals id Lipstick in Cupid:
2119620.jpg

You can kind of tell in this picture (I don't have any larger ones saved on this computer!) what it looks like on...
2710_b.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
this has been helpful! i got Besame's Red Velvet and Besame Red samples and i think i got the sample lids switched. on the website, the Besame Red looks darker than the Red Velvet, but the pictures here look the opposite. I'm confused, but am thinking that the darker shade i like is the Red Velvet, and not the Besame Red. for those familiar with their products, is that correct?

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Red Velvet is a darker, more muted shade; Besame Red is a very bright true red.

I am wearing MAC Ruby Woo over MAC Cherry lip liner in this photo:
47b5dc35b3127cce901751ace04700000015108AatmbRq2ctP

Besame Red and MAC Cherry lip liner in this one:
red.jpg

Besame Red again:
47b7dd03b3127cce82a9d38dcb5300000015108AatmbRq2ctP

MAC Dubonnet over MAC Cherry lip liner in this one:
47b7dd03b3127cce82a9c37dcbab00000045108AatmbRq2ctP

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ok ladies, I'm totally in the dark. Where do you find Besame, Mac, and Bare Essentials? These all look like terrific shades! You gals are so perty! ;)
Nikki

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
ohairas said:
Ok ladies, I'm totally in the dark. Where do you find Besame, Mac, and Bare Essentials? These all look like terrific shades! You gals are so perty! ;)
Nikki

Besame can be purchased online at www.besamecosmetics.com.
MAC can be purchased online at www.maccosmetics.com; they also have freestanding stores.
Bare Escentuals can be found at Ulta and Sephora (www.sephora.com).

Kim_B

Practically Family
Bare Escentuals I got at Ulta for $20 I believe, but they also carry it at Sephora, Nordstrom, and Macy's - in store or online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points