Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Neat Blankets / Throws / Etc.

I searched for awhile and couldn't find a similar thread, but bet one exists. I'll gladly more this post there is someone just lets me know where "there" is. Otherwise, it could be a fun thread to have as I'm sure there are some neat and vintage blankets / Throws / Etc. out there

In an impulse purchase, the girlfriend and I just bought two of these Filson blankets (one for us, one as a gift for her parents) as the combination of Pendleton and Smokey the Bear was just too much for us to resist. Sometimes you do have to just say WTF and buy something on impulse.

The blanket is 82% wool, 18% cotton and feels very heavy - a great napping-on-the-sofa blanket for the fall.

A nearly full shot:

How can't you love this fellow, looks very close (see link below) to the original illustration of Smokey form the '40s

The wonderful Pendleton edge and Forest Service Green (the darker original green, not today's lighter shade)

How the blanket will look when in service in the fall

Link to Smokey the Bear historical info:
https://smokeybear.com/en/smokeys-history?decade=1940

I love that Smokey blanket!

Picked this up at the Salvation Army Thrift a few weeks back. The company (Faribault Woolen Mill) is still making blankets. I'm guessing that this dates back to the '70s, but can't confirm.

28141587786_deaaef76e8_z.jpg

28071450482_91fe38accd_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk