Show Us Your Purchases!

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by Lauren, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Nomanolo

Nomanolo Familiar Face

Oh thanks! ^^

2. Black Dahlia

Black Dahlia Call Me a Cab

Beautiful collar and ring!

I think it's safe to say some ladies here like vintage fur and some do not. Feel free to post, I don't think there are any rules!
    X
    BD

3. Marzena

Marzena One of the Regulars

Yes, yes, yes!

4. Miss Golightly

Miss Golightly Call Me a Cab

Miss Sofia and Marzena - thank you both! I have a small collection of chrome items like cocktail shakers and sugar/creamer sets and am always tempted to buy more than one of the same thing - it takes a lot of resolve not to!

5. Marzena

Miss G - I SO like the things you show on this forum. I admire your taste and discrimination.

6. LinaSofia

LinaSofia A-List Customer

It's been a while since I dropped by - gorgeous finds lately, as usual, ladies!
    A few days ago I got offered a great job, so I treated myself to these sterling silver screw-back earrings from etsy today. With a big move to a new city coming up I could only afford a small treat, but nonetheless I thought these were cute!

[​IMG]

7. Miss sofia

Miss sofia One Too Many

OOh lovely! I trust the wedding went well. I did have a peek on your blog and you looked so radiant and lovely. We need more pics. I liked the honeymoon pics too, you both look so happy! (I got a warm glow i did)!

Congrats on the new job.

Miss S x

8. LinaSofia

thank you Miss S!! :) It was a lovely day, one of those super hot sunny days we had a week ago! I was boiling in my dress! I'll post some more wedding pictures on the blog soon! Still waiting on some xx

9. Miss Golightly

Miss Golightly Call Me a Cab

Marzena - thank you - that's a lovely compliment!

LinaSofia - I had a little peek at your blog too and must say you both looked fabulous on your Big Day and so happy! Your dress was so simple and elegant (and I loved your hydrangea bouquet - I had hydrangeas for my wedding also in each flower display - such a romantic (and underrated!) flower. Congrats also on your new job - well done!

Your new earrings are so sweet - I also have to add how much I ADORE your cream bag you have on your blog - it is fabulous!

10. Black Dahlia

Black Dahlia Call Me a Cab

Hi Lina,

I adore your earrings; so sweet!

I just went and looked at your blog also. Congratulations to you and your husband! The photos are amazing and your dress is stunning. And the palace...WOW!

X
    BD

11. LinaSofia

Miss G & Black Dahlia - thank you both so much :) we had a lovely day. Miss G, that 60s bag was an ebay find and I think it only cost me about £10! One of those fab flukes that happen all too rarely these days! :) xx

12. lolly_loisides

lolly_loisides One Too Many

I few weeks ago I ordered the 1940's wartime suit from Heydey! It arrived today & I have to say I'm delighted. It fits like it was made for me (except for the sleeves, they're a little long, but that's easily fixed). Photos to come!

13. Marzena

So your heart is now coming with a key - and with a copy - that should make matters more ...ump...secure?
    Lovely conceept and how nice for you to be able to give yourself a reward.
    Would it be indiscreet to ask what agreat job is? (feel free to disregard!)

14. LinaSofia

Marzena - indeed! Well I only offer the key to my husband of course :). I'm a romantic so the earrings appealed to me.
    the job is a research post at a university (I've just finished my PhD), it's a great job just because it's the kind of job I wanted :).

15. MissLaurieMarie

MissLaurieMarie One of the Regulars

Congrats LinaSofia - both on the marriage and the job! You'll have many happy successes in the future, I'm sure :D

16. Land-O-LakesGal

Land-O-LakesGal Practically Family

OK off topic but I just wanted to tell you that I am so happy for you LinaSofia both on the Husband and the Job!!! good luck with the move too.

17. Esme

Esme One of the Regulars

Ah, I did a shop today and got some nice things! I got a pair of croc embossed loafers, a white blouse, a blue blouse, a robe, a white slip, and two sweaters. I have my eye on a dress on Etsy, too, that is actual 40's vintage, not just "inspired" like I wear most of the time, but I having a hard time convincing myself to spring for it. I also have a couple of hats I should post pictures of. I will try to get pictures up next week. Everything is in the wash right now.

18. Kate O Potato

Kate O Potato A-List Customer

After 2 weeks of calling round Clark's head office and a variety of stores, I finally got hold of a pair of these! I'm so happy! They're really comfy :)

I really can't fault Clarks, they've gone above and beyond the call of duty to get me a pair.

19. bunnyb.gal

bunnyb.gal Practically Family

I have a pair of these and not only are they gorgeous, but super comfy as well. Enjoy!

20. W-D Forties

W-D Forties Practically Family

Can I add my congrats LinaSofia on your doubly good news! These things come in threes you know, so you must be due some more good news soon!