Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your scarves ...

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Since there is a 'show us your .....' thread for most subjects, I thought there should be one for scarves. Especially since winter is on its way (for those of us in the northern hemisphere anyway).
So here goes with some good old Tootal scarves:

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

Unfortunately, this one got chewed by the dog a few years ago. It's now waiting to be repaired and maybe even converted into a cravat:
IMG_0879.jpg

And here are some close ups to show the wonderful patterns:
IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
And here are a few modern silk scarves made by Viyella. They are perfect for those days when it is just cold enough for a scarf in the morning but you don't need to wear it later. They fold up nice and small and fit into a jacket pocket:

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Here's a 1960s wool backed scarf by Duggie:
IMG_0890.jpg

Detail:
IMG_0901.jpg

I have always suspected this a woman's scarf. it is cotton but extremely long and wide:
IMG_0882.jpg

These are by 'Sammy':
IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

This one is by 'Favourite Scarf':
IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Even modern scarves can sometimes be good. this one is from 'Tie Rack'. Its Italian silk backed with wool:
IMG_0888.jpg

Here is the detail on a 1960s scarf:
IMG_0902.jpg

flyfishark

Practically Family
Two Types...between your shoes, ties, ascots, and scarves, does your family have to live in the car? You make my addiction seem like a harmless habit! Always look forward to your postings.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Two Types...between your shoes, ties, ascots, and scarves, does your family have to live in the car? You make my addiction seem like a harmless habit! Always look forward to your postings.

My pleasure, sir. I will get around to posting some more suits and trousers etc. But to be honest, I don't have too many of those. And I only have a handful of hats and caps etc.
We are lucky enough to have plenty of space in the house, so I don't take up too much of it. Also my wife is the one who earns the money, leaving me to spend a large chunk of my wages on my shopping habit (in exchange for doing all the housework, cooking and child care duties). I suppose I'm very, very lucky!

Twill

One of the Regulars
First of all... Two Types, wonderful scarves! You've amassed quite the collection. I especially love the white one by "Sammy".

This is my first scarf. I bought it last month at a vintage shop during a stop-through in St. Louis. It's synthetic, probably rayon, with no tag. It was so unique-looking, I couldn't put it back on the rack. I am by no means an expert, but looking at its bold pattern and atomic feel, I think it might be 40's or 50's? Anyone else care to take a guess?

6266075209_ae2e0fc06f_z.jpg

Apologies for the mobile phone photo. The colors are dark reddish-brown, light tan, and deep rust-orange.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
IMG_0916.jpg
This is a wartime ladies scarf. However, I adore the design and sometimes wear it as a scarf or as a pocket handkerchief.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I was recently haggling over the price of a coat, the vendor wouldn't drop the price but she did offer me two cotton scarves instead. They are lovely prints, I am guessing 1960s?
yellowscarf.jpg

redscarf.jpg

Here are close ups of the pattersn:
yellowscarfdetail.jpg

redscarfdetail.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk