Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Tattoos

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
With the "Tattoos?" thread shifting back and forth from a pro vs. anti-tat discussion forum and a place for Loungers to show their tats, I thought it best to provide a place for those with tattoos to show them and discuss the art and artists involved in tattooing.

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR THE DISCUSSION OF WHETHER TATTOOS ARE ANTISOCIAL, IMPROPER, NOT YOUR THING, ETC.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT YOUR ROCKIN' TATTOO.

LET'S SEE IT.

:cool:

RIOT

Practically Family
well you start.. artist? concept? meaning? while I figure out how to take photos of mine.

mike

Call Me a Cab
for all Ghoulardi & Cramps fans out there.... (although the image is originally an 1800s woodcut design)

Photo38.jpg

It was the first tattoo a friend of mine did, who has since been able to bring his amazing fine art abilities into the tattooing discipline. (as can be seen elsewhere on me) At the time, I figured, it's simple, bold and when do I really walk around shirtless, let's give it a go! So he did. It being his first piece, it took forever to complete. haha

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
RIOT said:
well you start.. artist? concept? meaning? while I figure out how to take photos of mine.

I'm leaving town tonight, but will get photos up in a couple of weeks of both mine and the wife's tats.

As to artists, I'm just talking about people discussing which tattooists they've used, whose work they appreciate, or who have been historically significant - like Sailor Jerry or Lyle Tuttle.

If people want to give the meaning behind their tattoos, or the story as to how they came to get a particular tat, great.

Let the nay-sayers nay-say on the Tattoos? thread.
Show us your tattoos is for the lovers, not the fighters.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
008c0555.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

here are a couple to get the ball rolling. pheonix and axl rose tattoo (i know lol )

will post more later, i have many

sixsexsix

Practically Family
hahahah! definately not rockabilly, he was just my girlhood crush that has lasted through almost 20 years so i figured might as well take the plunge ;)

mike

Call Me a Cab
btw, the only think I don't like about my chest tattoo is it means I am unable to get Harpo Marx's doghouse on my chest like this....
ducksoup.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
sixsexsix said:
hahahah! definately not rockabilly, he was just my girlhood crush that has lasted through almost 20 years so i figured might as well take the plunge ;)

You've still got a crush on Axl?
Is that just a love for the old Axl, or do you like modern, bloated Axl too?
Either way, I'm glad to hear that you're loyal.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
my adoration can see through the bloatedness and cornrows ;)

here is a super old picture of the beginning of my back piece, which is now complete
IMAG0003.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
mike said:
for all Ghoulardi & Cramps fans out there.... (although the image is originally an 1800s woodcut design)

Photo38.jpg
:eusa_clap

Good stuff. Nothing beats a good chest piece.
It looks like it could use a little something beneath it, though I'm not sure what. The genre of your other tats suggests that you'll probably come up with something that fits well.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
:eusa_clap

Good stuff. Nothing beats a good chest piece.
It looks like it could use a little something beneath it, though I'm not sure what. The genre of your other tats suggests that you'll probably come up with something that fits well.

Sure! Plenty of plans, just not my focus at the moment. I've moved across country and finding work is my #1 priority at the moment. Meanwhile, the same artist (2 artists actually - Karel Mato in Philadelphia and Shane Morton in Atlanta) have covered me in mainly 1920's-30's classic hollywood and golden age horror portraits. All of which are my design and composition due to my personal love for the characters, subjects, artists and actors :)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
mike said:
Sure! Plenty of plans, just not my focus at the moment. I've moved across country and finding work is my #1 priority at the moment. Meanwhile, the same artist (2 artists actually - Karel Mato in Philadelphia and Shane Morton in Atlanta) have covered me in mainly 1920's-30's classic hollywood and golden age horror portraits. All of which are my design and composition due to my personal love for the characters, subjects, artists and actors :)

I haven't been looking in a few years, but the tat mags used to be filled with a guy who had all sorts of vintage horror flick tats. Was that you?

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Lefty said:
I haven't been looking in a few years, but the tat mags used to be filled with a guy who had all sorts of vintage horror flick tats. Was that you?

There was also a girl with them, but I think hers were more 70s. Beautiful nonetheless!

mike

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:

Nope, I've never been in any. I've only been to one convention and it wasn't too into it.
Please excuse some of these photos for being blurry aaand if a person is jobless and online applying for positions all day they haven't always had a shave yet.... errr use youre imagination I look better please haha
a few of the easier to show examples....
Peter Lorre & Francis Drake from MGM's 1935 remake of the silent Hands of Orlac, MAD LOVE....
Photo39.jpg

Photo40.jpg

Lon Chaney collage that isn't finished yet....
From West of Zanzibar...
Photo41.jpg

My favorite, He Who Gets Slapped...
Photo42.jpg

Conrad Veidt & Olga Baclanova's masterpiece, Paul Leni's THE MAN WHO LAUGHS....
Photo43.jpg

Zita Johann & Boris Karloff in Karl "Papa" Freund's THE MUMMY (lens by James Wong Howe)...
Photo44.jpg

Photo45.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
sixsexsix said:
those are badass :eusa_clap

i am a huge karloff (and lugosi) fan

thanks! I just sat there and took it :p
I've been looking for good images of Lionel Atwill & John Barrymore (from Svengali) for a while but nothing yet has made its way into reading as a good tattoo yet...
I have a bunch of friends who have similar styled tattoos, some with Lugosi from White Zombie & the Phantom Creeps Robot for instance... another friend has a great Dwight Frye portrait from Dracula etc etc.. although I don't have pictures of their work, they are mainly from Shane Morton in Atlanta :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points