Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Tattoos

zaika

One Too Many
wow, everyone has such nice work! :eusa_clap

lefty - your wife's tattoo is beautiful! count me as another who can't wait to see the finished work. :) and it was great that you were able to get the russian guy to show you his tattoos. i miss that place...kizhi is high on my list of place to see when i go back! did you ever stop in Yaroslavl? that's my 'hood. well...when i'm there. lol

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Zaika.
If it's on the river, it's a stop on the cruise - even if it's just for a few hours.
Kizhi was my favorite "old Russia", while Moscow makes Manhattan look tame.

Here's a little Yaroslavl.
(forgive the old, dusty scans)
PR07261036676.jpg

PR07261036682.jpg

zaika said:
wow, everyone has such nice work! :eusa_clap

lefty - your wife's tattoo is beautiful! count me as another who can't wait to see the finished work. :) and it was great that you were able to get the russian guy to show you his tattoos. i miss that place...kizhi is high on my list of place to see when i go back! did you ever stop in Yaroslavl? that's my 'hood. well...when i'm there. lol

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I've edited the post on the previous page to show my wife's completed tattoos. I'll save mine for another day.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
My wife loves this one. She brings a picture of Brooks to show what she wants whenever she gets her hair cut.

Dread Scott said:
My one and only, right now - Louise Brooks on my upper left arm:

Lulutat.jpg

To be joined shortly on my right upper arm by something like this:

safetylast.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, pg. My wife was a little worried about the modesty of the shots, but she also liked the idea of sharing them.

pgoat

One Too Many
I understand - of course you see every one else doing it here too, so it's all good. Hers were fine. Tell her thanks for sharing.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, that's right, I lift...

...nothing heavier than grocery bags.

I got my tat started in late 2000 and finished in 01. This photo is probably from 01, before I went back in to have the black touched up a bit. I had just shaved the beard I had been growing for a little over a year, and just wanted a photo of the 'stache, before it went too.
It's more than back, as I haven't shaved since.
erik_NEW-1-2.jpg

zaika

One Too Many
Lefty said:
Thanks, Zaika.
If it's on the river, it's a stop on the cruise - even if it's just for a few hours.
Kizhi was my favorite "old Russia", while Moscow makes Manhattan look tame.

Here's a little Yaroslavl.
(forgive the old, dusty scans)
PR07261036676.jpg

PR07261036682.jpg

totally :eek:fftopic: but yes...there she is. i believe the first church is the church of the epiphany, and the second taken from the top of the church in the spasso-preobrazhensky monastery? i have the same photos m'self. lol was the bear still in captivity in the monastery? it's been awhile since i've been there. ;)

to bring it back to the topic, i've been entertaining the idea of getting an Orthodox cathedral tattoo. not sure which cathedral or where, though. plus...it's sort of a russian mafia/prisoner thing to do. i'm sure my russian friends would think me foolish. lol

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
They really are into that whole bear thing in Yaroslavl, aren't they?

While I think that a cathedral tat would play well in the US (outside of Brighton Beach), it really is a quintessential mafia tat. Viggo might not approve.
eastern-promises-a-review3.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Thanks DDD.
I've had big plans for the space above/around it, but the money always seems to go to hats or vacations. I'll get a scan of the "blueprints" up soon.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It vaires as much as anything else, based upon location, how well established the shop might be (both customer base and possible celebrity connection), whether you're going for a simple "token" tat (a $50-$100 team logo) or a long-term job, your relationship with the artist, etc. There is no "going rate."

sixsexsix said:
how much are tattoos in the states? i have heard of some ungodly numbers

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I thought I'd get lazy and wait to pull out the drawing, but here you go. Eventually, this will sit above/around the anchor.
eagle.jpg

pgoat

One Too Many
sixsexsix said:
I'd love to know how much they'd charge at a shop like Kat Von Dee's (I'd love to get on that show or Miami Ink! I am Assuming people who appear on the show would get inked gratis))

pixie

Familiar Face
in regards to the tattoos on LA ink, I heard of someone who looked into it and the tat's are not free, they charge a lot and they charge you like $300 or something crazy like that, an hour just to sit and have a pre session with Kat to see if she wants to do your tat in the first place. So not cheap and they normally want you to have some kind of interesting story or reason for the tat to get onto the show and make it interesting. I would love to get a tat from Hanna on the show who does the amazing color tattoos.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
sixsexsix said:

My artist charges $125 an hour, minimum of $65.

BUT!!! He gives me and my husband "mates rates" so we end up paying half! We usually give him a big tip, though, because we feel a little guilty :eek:

pgoat

One Too Many
pixie said:
in regards to the tattoos on LA ink, I heard of someone who looked into it and the tat's are not free, they charge a lot and they charge you like $300 or something crazy like that, an hour just to sit and have a pre session with Kat to see if she wants to do your tat in the first place. So not cheap and they normally want you to have some kind of interesting story or reason for the tat to get onto the show and make it interesting. I would love to get a tat from Hanna on the show who does the amazing color tattoos.
ahh, thanks for the info....I thought that since your sob stories are part of what's driving the show (I mean, how many times can we watch a. Someone hungover get to work late, b. two co workers fighting, c. Steve-O stopping by to annoy the hell out everyone?) you'd at least get a freebie....

I agree there are some amazing talents on there and Miami Ink. Kat does the best portraits I've ever seen. Nonetheless, I'm back to my global travel tatt plan:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk