Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Kimberly, Apr 14, 2007.

1. dh66

dh66

$15!!!!!! What a score! That lamp is beyond cool and would easily fetch 10 times that these days. Congrats on that find.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2. DNO

DNO One Too Many

Thanks dh...it had just come in the door at the thrift store....and that's $15 Canadian, about $11 US dollars!

dh66 likes this.
  3. dh66

dh66

You were definitely in the right place at the right time. Congrats again. It's a beauty.

DNO likes this.
  4. Dnewma04

Dnewma04 One of the Regulars

I was happy to run across it. The list of other electronics I've found is pretty extensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. photo2u

photo2u Practically Family

How come this type of cool deals never happen to me? I am always looking at yard sales around my neighborhood.

6. Dnewma04

Dnewma04 One of the Regulars

I used to work within 3 miles of three thrift stores and would go everyday at lunch. On the way home, I could take routes to hit three more. I used to find things often. Now I go once or twice per week at most and rarely come across too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. dh66

dh66

Couple of junk store finds...a campaign button for Johnson/Humphrey that flips back and forth between their pictures - figured it'd be good to wear with my Open Road. I also found an old boot jack. It still had the original $2.50 price tag from a boot shop in Kansas. This one has a suede liner so it won't scuff up the heels.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

8. Love it!

9. Evan Everhart

Evan Everhart A-List Customer

Just found the HOLY GRAIL; Heavy Twill cadetish-sky-ey blue (a touch more gray than US Army trousers from the Civil War) SB Notch lapel (proper gorge) LUXE wool suit, Natural shoulders. Unfortunately, it's a 42 long, and I am a 38 short. Pictures to come unless one of my local clients snags it. I couldn't help but buy the darned thing!

Kirk H. likes this.
  10. alanfgag

alanfgag

Country steak knives - Sabatier Jeune for Abercrombie & Fitch.

A&Fknives1.jpg

A&Fknives2.jpg

Kirk H., dh66, Dnewma04 and 2 others like this.
  11. dh66

dh66

Flea market score![​IMG]

DNO, Kirk H., MikeBravo and 3 others like this.
  12. Love it...

13. Was at a "Junk Fest" today and saw some cool stuff, but didn't get anything. The store that hosted it used to have a small coffee and pastry shop along with a building full of flea market booths. The coffee/pastry section shut down recently (Mt. Grove, Missouri just can't keep a coffee shop alive) and in one of their own flea market booths they had this listed for $125.

Been wanting a nice burr grinder for some time and this Rancilio MD-40 (along with a few portafilters, tampers, a knock box and five pounds of whole espresso beans from Barista Pro Shop) came home with us for an offered $100. Never thought I would own a $900 grinder! I already have a Rancilio Silvia espresso machine, so this will pair up nicely.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    photo2u, Kirk H., alanfgag and 4 others like this.
  14. Shangas

Shangas I'll Lock Up

Got my greasy little mitts all over this, today:

[​IMG]

Victorian-era brass string-caddy :)

15. Found some art for the farm house at the local Goodwill. Solid walnut frame, with a heavy duty backing. This thing weighs 30 pounds!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apparently this was originally a poster (artist John Clymer) for Chrysler dealerships in 1947/48 -- "We aim to take care of our own".

I was happy with the $12 price on this one.

Amazon is selling a repro of a Life magazine ad with the same art.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Dnewma04, DeaconKC, Bamaboots and 2 others like this.
  16. Couple of Adam hat boxes and what I think are hat stands (although they could be thread spools of some sort).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1mach1, Dnewma04, dh66 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Appears to be unworn USA made Carhartt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cornshucker77, 1mach1, dh66 and 2 others like this.
  18. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

A pair of made in England Doc Martens, from a local Goodwill, for $7! After cleaning them up:
    IMG_6697.JPG

19. robrinay

robrinay One Too Many

I found a child's plywood rocker in a charity shop for £10 and completed the set with the chairs three weeks later from an antique shop for £7 each. I'm on a Norwegian Airlines plane so can't upload pics but I'll do that as soon as I can. A bit of research identified them as having been designed by Mitzlaff and Lange. I'm well chuffed (UK English for very pleased), as my first grandchild is due this December. You can see pics of their type here http://www.modernroom.co.uk/seating/mitzlaff-lange-childs-plywood-chairs.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Cornshucker77 and BobHufford like this.
  20. alanfgag

alanfgag

Definitely hat stands and nice catches! My wife gave me two identical stands for my birthday last month.

1mach1 likes this.