Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TWEEDS...

Salv

One Too Many
I couldn't find a general tweed jacket thread so I thought I may as well start one to show this jacket that I bought yesterday at a vintage menswear shop called Old Hat in west London.

Front:
DSCN2017.jpg

Back (nice bi-swing back here)
DSCN2013.jpg

Closeup of the fantastic multicoloured fabric:
DSCN2028.jpg

Label:
DSCN2030.jpg

I can't really tell when it was made, but the typeface used for the words "Woolen Manufacturer", and for the text under the Royal Crest, make me think late-50s or 60s. However, Haggarts appear to still be in business (although their website hasn't been updated since 2005) and are still making the same style of jacket so it could be much more recent.

Let's see some more tweeds please gents.

Salv

One Too Many
benstephens said:
That is a really lovely tweed. What is the lining like, is it man made or cotton?

I like the style of it.

Ben

Yes, I really like the fabric and I think it's the nicest tweed I've ever seen. The lining is man made. I saw the jacket on Monday while shopping with BT and Paddy, and it looked great in the dark shop interior - getting some daylight on it near the window revealed all those colours.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Since you asked and the pics are already taken...

Salv, that jacket is great- the brightest "grey" jacket I've seen.
Bright and subtle at the same time.

Here's the one from the last FL London get-together.

To quote Donny and Marie:

"I'm a little bit Country, you're a little bit Rock'n'Roll."
The Tweeds by comparison, of course...

Tw_Jckt.jpg

Tw_Collar.jpg

Needed a yellow or check shirt...

Tw_Close.jpg

Tweed2.jpg

Trou.jpg

There you go-

B
T