Show us your vehicles

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Tin Pan Sally, Mar 22, 2006.

What general era was your vehichle made:

1. 30s or earlier

38 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. 40s

25 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. 50s

39 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. 60s

50 vote(s)
    21.0%
  5. 70s-90s

62 vote(s)
    26.1%
  6. New with classic features

47 vote(s)
    19.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tony in Tarzana

Tony in Tarzana My Mail is Forwarded Here

It's De-Lovely!

2. The Reno Kid

The Reno Kid A-List Customer

Thanks for the compliment. I have to agree about the styling. Ford hit a home run in 39. In my humble (and admittedly biased) opinion, the 39 Ford front end is just gorgeous. Ford put a lot of effort into styling during those years sometimes it worked and sometimes (1938) it didn't.

3. Tin Pan Sally

Tin Pan Sally Registered User

[​IMG] A girl can dream (thanks T-Paul) [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Wild Root

Wild Root Gone Home

Woe woe woe... 1938 was a good looking year I think... I think Ford had some great styling that year and in 1937... heck, 1932-1940 had some very nice looks in the Ford department. Not crazy for the '41 but the '42 looked nice.

I'm a MoPar man but, heck, I enjoy a good 30's or early 40's Ford too.;)

=WR=

PS. I love most 20's to 40's cars... any make!

5. Absinthe_1900

Absinthe_1900 One Too Many

My old lead sled.

1971 Mach-1, 351C 4V & 4spd, with the factory ram air set up still intact, the car came with some unusual manual quick steering box that Ford made for an aborted 71' Trans-Am season. (It's a beast to parallel park)

I've had it since 1980.

[​IMG]

6. The Reno Kid

I agree with you about the '37s (and just about every other Ford from the 30s) but the '38s just don't do it for me. Generally speaking, I'm not a pre-war MOPAR guy but I have to say the '37, '38, and especially the '39 Plymouths are great looking cars. I like most of the cars from the 1930-42 period, but a few stand out for me: 1936 Chevy Master Deluxe (esp. the coupe), 1936-42 Lincoln-Zephyr, 1936-37 Pontiac, 1934 and 1939 Buick, any Packard, 1939 Caddy, the aforementioned 1939 Plymouth, and (of course) 1939 Ford. Most cars from the golden age make me go weak in the knees, but the ones above make me swoon!:)

7. Wild Root

Wild Root Gone Home

Say wasn’t FDR a big fan of the 38 Ford V-8’s? I think he had a four door convertible… or, Phaeton I believe it was. He loved that car! It’s so funny to think that a president of the US preferred a Ford over say, something more expensive like a Cadillac or Lincoln.

For me, the ’38 Plymouth’s don’t do it for me really… I mean, if some one gave me one, I’d take it gladly but, something about the grill design on it… not crazy about it. Now, the ’39 Plymouth… Ooooooh doggie! That’s the winner right there! I’m 100% with you on all the cars you mentioned but, the 38 Ford and the 38 Plymouth… so, that’s pretty good I think!

=WR=

8. The Reno Kid

You are exactly correct about FDR. He had a '38 four-door convertible specially modified with hand controls and he drove it frequently. Regarding the Plymouths, I have to admit I probably like the '38 because of The Big Sleep. Check out a '36 Chevy for a better treatment of the domed grill look.

In my humble opinion, 1939 was the absolute high-water mark in automobile design history. For evidence, I offer a couple of my personal favorites:

[​IMG]
    1939 Cadillac

[​IMG]
    1939 Lincoln-Zephyr

Interestingly, I was leafing through an old book (copyright 1940, I think) on cars at a friend's house a while back. The author went on at great length lamenting the lack of style in "modern" cars. To him, nothing that was made after 1932 was worth looking at.lol The more things change, the more they stay the same!

9. Not-Bogart13

Not-Bogart13 Call Me a Cab

10. colleency

colleency One of the Regulars

11. Not-Bogart13

Not-Bogart13 Call Me a Cab

Ah! A Star Wars fan, I see.

I think the paint job alone earns that car a place here! :eusa_clap
    NB

12. Atomic Glee

Atomic Glee Practically Family

I drive a New Beetle most of the time (it has A/C), but when I'm feeling really vintage I pull out my Karmann Ghia:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Hi folks! Missin' ya bums!

Anyway, here I am in a past life with my car. (Apparently, I had another sweetie back then, too.)

[​IMG]

14. And this was my flivver back when I was Cecil B. DeMille:

[​IMG]

15. Wild Root

Wild Root Gone Home

You had a few past lives... that happened at the same time... Wow Marc, you sure got around! Now, those are the cars I like to see! I'd love to see some of the members here who have pre-50's cars... anything! I know we have a few members that have some unique autos... let's see'em!

=RS=

16. Tony in Tarzana

Hate to say "I told ya so," but... ;)

17. Say hey, I did mention that I'd be back on rare occasions to post photos. (Take a look at the "Power Room" area, if you dare ...)

18. Tony in Tarzana

19. Kaela

Kaela Vendor

I have a Buick Skylark, 1964...
    Well, that's really quite modern for my taste, but I just stumbled on to this car and fell in Love with it... unfortunately, now I'm moving across the country and need to sell the poor gal....

[​IMG]

20. fortworthgal

fortworthgal Call Me a Cab

My husband and I regularly swap vehicles, so I'm usually either driving a 2000 Chevy Tahoe or a 2004 Jeep Wrangler. Lately I've been driving the Wrangler most days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nothing vintage. Sorry! Jeeps are a classic, though.