Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage-vintage inspired Engagement Ring!

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
(If there is a post about this already I'm sorry, I searched and couldn't find anything... Feel free to merge if thats the case)

I'm sure everyone here has a vintage or vintage-inspired engagement ring (or even just a pretty ring that looks like and engagement ring) Post yours! I love the look of them... Also if your married post your wedding band or set too!

Here's my engagement ring: Vintage Inspired :)

ring2b.jpg

the side view...
ring3n.jpg

I might have the center stone set a little deeper, it gets caught on things all the time... otherwise I LOVE it! :D

Your Turn!

Cleery

New in Town
Your ring is lovely! Here's my engagement ring. It's a 1920s garnet.

th_ringside.jpg

th_Ring_Top.jpg

We had a wedding band made to match. I'll see if I can find a good close up of it.

Fun thread!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
When my honey started ring shopping, my only advice was "something old or art deco or edwardian looking" and he came up with this:

ringiedingie.jpg

Not bad, i said, not bad at all. :)

I don't have any photos of my actual ring that show the detail involved...this one is super close, same design, but instead of two baguettes on each side, it just has one with two tiny round diamonds on either side of it. It's also hard to tell the scale. If you look at the top of the ring it looks exactly like: o-O:eek:O-o

hehe.

Emer

One of the Regulars
Good thread!

My setting is from the 1930's and the diamond is my grandmother's. We just finally found a band to go with it!

wring1.jpg

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
all of your rings are GORGEOUS! and so different... thats one thing I love about vintage or vintage inspired rings... :)

Emer: I LOVE that your diamond is your grandmothers! I wish my family had something like that to pass on...

Cleery: The ruby is so different! What a lovely choice!

cailinbeag

Familiar Face
All of these rings are truly beautiful. :) It's wonderful to see such variety, too.

Mine's from the '30s. I don't know much about it, although I think that the two small circles on either side of the diamond used to house stones but were later filled. I would like to have them cleared and set with smaller diamonds or sapphires sometime.

We found a wedding band that compliments it very nicely, though I don't have a pic. It's a row of seven small diamonds set in white gold, and has the slight taper toward the band that mimics the same in the engagement ring. I believe it's early '40s.

He did good. :D

engmrc222side.jpg

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
MissAmelina said:

Thats Beautiful! Trying to find me something of the same, either 1930s, Art Deco or Edwardian as well. So hard to find a true vintage ring in your size. Still on the haunt for the perfect one! Everyone's rings are so pretty!

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
Those rings are gorgeous! I'm having trouble finding a wedding band that will compliment my ring... There is one it looks the same as the inlaid diamonds on my ring, and it curves alittle so it sits nicely... But I dont know, some days I like it and other days I don't... And I would get a second one to go over the top for our one year anniversary... But I feel like thats almost TOO sparkly... [huh] Any suggestions?

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
o0olibelulao0o said:
Those rings are gorgeous! I'm having trouble finding a wedding band that will compliment my ring... There is one it looks the same as the inlaid diamonds on my ring, and it curves alittle so it sits nicely... But I dont know, some days I like it and other days I don't... And I would get a second one to go over the top for our one year anniversary... But I feel like thats almost TOO sparkly... [huh] Any suggestions?

We finally had to get in touch with the jeweler my hubby used originally to buy the vintage inspired engagement ring....and this was after much searching for "the perfect band" ourselves. And low and behold, he had a matching band, perfectly complementing, but covered with diamonds.

I know what you mean about looking too sparkly. Sometimes I wish I had a plain platinum band to wear by itself when doing day-to-day things. I'm always getting the diamonds stuck on sweaters, pants pockets, and cookie dough :) and it makes sense to have something more practical.

And (contrary to popular belief) I don't like drawing too much attention to myself when I am out and about. HOWEVER, there are days when the sunlight or (even better) *candlelight* hits those sparklies and I feel like a freakin' princess. And that's nice.:p

(After looking at a pic of your ring again, I think that a matching curved band with little diamonds on it would look really spectacular. Don't be afraid to sparkle!)

texasgirl

One Too Many
I can't find a good picture of mine. But I would make one suggestion. Make sure they are comfortable together and you like them together. Mine- I love both of them, separately. But when I wear them together they are not very comfortable. So I usually just wear the wedding band on the left and then sometimes the engagement ring on the right.

DaisieWilde

Familiar Face
Oh I am envious of you ladies!!!!

Such beautiful rings! Fabulous ideas for when I meet that special guy...again...oh dear!

For those of you have vintage rings that aren't family heirlooms, where did you find your beautiful rings?

strangerous

New in Town
inheritance

this was my grandmother's wedding band and engagement ring (1940s) which i inherited. it's gold and silver with diamonds and i love old jewelry because it's tiny! i have a ring finger size 4 1/2 and almost always have to resize jewelry or wear it on my index finger. this set was a perfect fit! i usually wear just one at a time (two is too much bling) and on my right hand... i'm not a married gal yet. :)

picture1iid.png

picture2pgj.png

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
DaisieWilde said:
Oh I am envious of you ladies!!!!

Such beautiful rings! Fabulous ideas for when I meet that special guy...again...oh dear!

For those of you have vintage rings that aren't family heirlooms, where did you find your beautiful rings?

I got mine at Helzberg. Lol not vintage... but they have alot of nice vintage inspired pieces, and they are all customizable... My fiance had mine customized :)

STRANGEROUS: That is gorgeous! I normally don't like yellow gold, but the two tones are fabulous there!

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
This is my engagement ring, all original circa 1925 Art Deco Plat. Diamonds with sapphires. I am loving it everyday and its a real sparkler!!!!!

DSCN1235.jpg

DSCN1240.jpg

shebagrl

Familiar Face
I love this thread! Your rings are stunners, ladies!

We're getting married this November, so I'm right in the thick of planning. It's been such fun so far! We splurged for an 8-piece swing band *squee*

Here's a photo of mine. FI did a great job, if I do say so myself ;)

EveRing2.jpg

La Julia

One of the Regulars
strangerous said:
this was my grandmother's wedding band and engagement ring (1940s) which i inherited. it's gold and silver with diamonds and i love old jewelry because it's tiny! i have a ring finger size 4 1/2 and almost always have to resize jewelry or wear it on my index finger. this set was a perfect fit! i usually wear just one at a time (two is too much bling) and on my right hand... i'm not a married gal yet. :)

picture1iid.png

picture2pgj.png

I love all the little details!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto