Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your watch bands

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
You know sometimes it's the little things that mean the most...I know you guys here understand this more than most...
Usually when I need a watch strap it is an emergency and I hit the closest mall kiosk...
Not this time....On monday I ordered a Primium Nato from Crown & Buckle and on Wednesday morning it was on my wrist...

I can highly recommend Crown & Buckle to put a smile on your face...Their quality is exceptional...Stitched and heat sealed...beautifully done...Prices are great and service fast.I am totally not affiliated with this company...I'm just knocked out by their product...

I ordered a simple classic stripe nato...Very nicely done...Check it out....

image.jpeg image.jpeg
Now show us yours....If you have something that made you smile, share....}8^))

Last edited:
Bird Lives, that is a beautiful watchband (and watch). I could not agree more as it is the details - the heavy leather buttons on a tweed sport coat or the right texture and color for the laces on a dress boot - that can make a very nice item, outstanding.

Below is a watch I bought several years ago from a dealer who said it was a 1920s Swiss Military "style" watch in that he didn't believe it was military but was made to echo the military look for sale to the public. While I think the watch is beautiful, I really love the way the band connects to the watch (effectively, the end of the band is sewn around the bar you see sticking out from the sides). You can feel that this is a transition piece from pocket watch to wrist watch - designed as a wrist watch, but they had yet to standardize how a band connected.

I just recently had to replace the band and it took me a few attempts to find a shoemaker who felt comfortable doing the work to unstitch the new watchband I bought and restitch it around the bars on the watch itself.

It was time consuming and marginally more expensive, but well worth it because, as you said, it can be these type of small details that make all the difference.

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Bird Lives, that is a beautiful watchband (and watch). I could not agree more as it is the details - the heavy leather buttons on a tweed sport coat or the right texture and color for the laces on a dress boot - that can make a very nice item, outstanding.

Below is a watch I bought several years ago from a dealer who said it was a 1920s Swiss Military "style" watch in that he didn't believe it was military but was made to echo the military look for sale to the public. While I think the watch is beautiful, I really love the way the band connects to the watch (effectively, the end of the band is sewn around the bar you see sticking out from the sides). You can feel that this is a transition piece from pocket watch to wrist watch - designed as a wrist watch, but they had yet to standardize how a band connected.

I just recently had to replace the band and it took me a few attempts to find a shoemaker who felt comfortable doing the work to unstitch the new watchband I bought and restitch it around the bars on the watch itself.

It was time consuming and marginally more expensive, but well worth it because, as you said, it can be these type of small details that make all the difference.

That worked out great ! Very hip. And it means something....
You know in the future when you want or need to replace that strap, Crown & Buckle have some very nice leather nato straps that would fit that perfect and you'd just slide it through the slot, underneath the watch, and out the bottom slot...You'd do it yourself no problem...

You know in the future when you want or need to replace that strap, Crown & Buckle have some very nice leather nato straps that would fit that perfect and you'd just slide it through the slot, underneath the watch, and out the bottom slot...You'd do it yourself no problem...

Thank you, that's great advice. I just looked through and bookmarked Crown & Buckle - looks like a great resource.

Edward

Bartender

Have you tried the leather options? I'm a recent convert to NATO straps. I've been using them for about a year since I bought an Invicta Submarineralike. I started out with the Connery Bond strap, but have enjoyed the option to easily switch between straps for different colours and looks. My UK supplier offers some leather options, including a Horween hide. Next time I want a leather strap for one of my dressier watches, I'm considering giving it a go. I actually have a nice Parnis that, if I get a small problem with hand alignment sorted, would rather suit it. The ease of changing these straps make me wonder why they aren't much more commonly used.

Edward

Bartender
I do love a Nato strap. Have half a doze different nylons for my daily wearer. Next dress steap i buy will be a leather version of the NATO.

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Now that you mention it...The strap I'm wearing today is a Crown & Buckle Leather NATO...I love it!!
I tried to post an imsge, but the file was too large.
Since my ipad went out, using my phone for forum posting is like torture...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff