Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shrinking Rib Knit Cuffs?

RailRoad

Familiar Face
I'd like some opinions. I've got an LL Bean Repro A2 and I'd like the cuffs to fit tighter. An idea I've thought about is to dip the cuffs in a bowl of warm or fairly hot water then let them air dry or use a hair dryer for drying. If it's a bad idea I won't even attempt it. If I had anything to use as a test piece I would.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
What are they made of? If they are synthetic they won't shrink, if wool you might ruin them.

Why not just buy a new set of cuffs and have them attached instead?

RailRoad

Familiar Face
What are they made of? If they are synthetic they won't shrink, if wool you might ruin them.

Why not just buy a new set of cuffs and have them attached instead?

I thought about that but finding somebody close by that knows how to do the work is the problem. They come down past the wrist more than I like. The tags indicate them as being wool.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Well, you could also fold the cuff inside itself to the correct length and stitch it in place. I've seen that done well before and even an unskilled seamstress could do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points