Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sidekick wanted

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Sidekick Wanted
Gentleman adventurer looking for sidekick with rough past but heart of gold.
Mangling the english language prefered but not necessary.
Must not dress better than I, cloth cap or fedora fine but front of fedora must be flipped up.
Go where I go, eat from my scraps.
contact The Wolf, Box 13

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
No thanks. I apprenticed for a while as a sidekick to Maxwell Demille and learned the ways business in the the seedy nightclubs of LA. The knowledge gained by such an apprenticeship cannot be measured. Tact and showmanship as well as how to treat a lady. That was my Urban schooloing.

Maxwell-vi.jpg

As a world traveler I use those skills on a daily basis whether in the allys of Lyon or the top or the Pike's Peak.
Using the skills I picked up from those days of old I go forward championing the ideals of the gentlemen that went before me. I Can't wait to see what I'm going to do next.

m1nyv

photographer-vi.jpg

There are times when I am lost and looking for my way... though I know with perserverence and determination things will sometimes turn out as planned.
lost2-vi.jpg
cliff-vi.jpg

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Kentucky and Matt, Thank your interest in the position but you both seem too well spoken and well dressed. Matt, your excellent photos show that you've passed sidekick and ready to be the main adventurer.

fedoralover, I don't mean a gunsel. I mean someone who when a lady comes to me for help says "What do say, boss? She's a ripe tomato." or if I'm kidnaped he would follow behind and knock out the villian and untie me from the chair.
If I mention "prestidigitation" he says "I got a cousin from there."
Most importantly, I explain the case to him, showing how smart I am or he says something flip and I go "That's it, you solved the case!",leaving him looking puzzled, followed by "What's it?"
Some people prefer the inventor sidekick that designs and makes things for them. Me, I like the comic relief.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Dave, I'll answer for Matt. That's Maxwell Demille! Master of ceremonies and producer of shows in the greater Hollywood area. He was the guy that put on the Argyle hotel night club on Mondays for two years. He has little vintage, but what he has is swell! The way he talks sounds like he's a 1930's radio announcer giving you the play by play for the big Yale Vs Harvard game!

Root

farnham54

A-List Customer
I had a little adventuring side kick, but alas, she dumped me. But, sadly, I'm more used to lead adventurer, rather then sidekick :)

For me, I'd want more of a Felix Blighter (sp?) sidekick from James Bond. Or Chewbacca, if you will--backs me up in a pinch and is deathly loyal. Loyalty means everythign to me, as does courage. Brave enough to help me out, brave enoug to go with me anywhere, brave enough to be brutally honest and to stick by ones principles. Courage applies to a lot.

Cheers,

Craig

Originally posted by Michaelson
A 'Smiley Burdett' I'm not.:rolleyes: Gabby Hayes? Now, there's one to consider.....:clap :) Regards. Michaelson

I meant the Walter Brennan role in Rio Bravo. You could limp a bit and throw dynamite for John Wayne to shoot at. :D There would even be a singing interlude with Ricky Nelson. :cool2: I can see it all in my mind's eye. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Hummm. Yet another one to consider.....I did like his shotgun....:cool: Regards. Michaelson

Walter Brennan's (Stumpy) in Rio Bravo or James Caan's (Mississippi) in El Dorado?
I think I like Mississippi's better in El Dorado. A double barrel sawed off can do a whole lot or interesting things even for those who cannot hit a barn with all the windows and doors closed. LOL

Regards to all,

J

Michaelson

One Too Many
Only problem was, just prior to his buying it, Mississippi's shotgun was used on a defenseless piano, and they hung the guy for the deed. A senseless shooting of a perfectly good piano player and his instrument. Unthinkable!:( :cry: ;) Guess we like to watch the same stuff, james. Regards. Michaelson:)

Only problem was, just prior to his buying it, Mississippi's shotgun was used on a defenseless piano, and they hung the guy for the deed. A senseless shooting of a perfectly good piano player and his instrument. Unthinkable!:( :cry: ;)

Yep, that is how The Swede got the gun to sell to Mississippi. It seems the previous owner could not see very well. ;) Interestingly, Olaf Wieghorst, who plays The Swede, is the artist that painted the cowboy scenes that appear with the credits at the beginning of the movie. Yeah, I know, esoterica for sure.

Guess we like to watch the same stuff, james. Regards. Michaelson:)

I guess we do watch the same stuff. I must have seen both those movies twenty times but if they come on I watch it all over again. Drives the wife nuts. LOL
Howard Hawks was one heck of a director in his prime.

Regards to all,

J

P.S. I think you could fit in as the sidekick Bull ( the veteran Indian fighter and sidekick to JP)---played by Arthur Hunnicutt. ;)

Michaelson

One Too Many
El Dorado was actually a filler type movie in John Wayne's career. Even Wayne asked Hawks why they were making the film, as it was essentially the same script and storyline as an earlier version of Rio Bravo! Hawks replied, 'Hell, Wayne, what else to you have to do this week?'
Wayne stared at him for a moment, and said,'what the hell', and filming began....;)

Regards. Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko