Silverbelly size 60cm - 7 1/2. $175 shipped

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by belfastboy, Sep 15, 2021.

1. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Fall clean up. This was a spec hat I made over the summer, (Wolfbrae)
    Ukrainian rabbit felt, suede finish. 2 7/8" raw brim, 6" open crown with top crown venting
    The hat can be finished to your specs including:
    vintage grosgrain ribbon of your choice, colour/width
    brim binding
    I can add side venting to match the top vents.
    Price includes shipping in North America via Canada Post/USPS w/tracking CIMG0095.JPG CIMG0097.JPG CIMG0096.JPG

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  2. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

Nice, and my size too. how heavy is the felt, and what is Ukrainian rabbit felt like?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  3. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

The felt is 160gr. I have pounced it quite a bit. I really like the Ukrainian felts. The dye job is thorough so they can be pounced without fear of mottling. They have a nice hand, particularly the suede finish......soft yet with substance. I have settled on these Ukraine felts as my standard rabbit offering as they offer great value and reliability.

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  4. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

Sounds good, I’ll go for it. Side vents, some light blue or turquoise ribbon and brim binding, some color that would be good for The Tropics, get creative. MAybe a solid snap brim and teardrop bash.

5. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I was going to add a Salute Blue - mid blue with lots of gray tones in a thin ribbon. Or I have it in a 16 ligne as well. I will do the venting early next week and then send pics of some ribbon choices. It should arrive soon ...burgundy 16 ligne and a 6 ligne brim binding width in a nice vintage. If that interests you I can hold off til it arrives. It is in transit now. PM sent with my PayPal address....when you get a moment. Or a tone on tone brim binding and a Sky blue/Powder blue crown ribbon?

6. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Excellent buy, Jonesy! And an e cellent hat, Belfast! Congrats to both!:)

deadlyhandsome and jonesy86 like this.

7. Do you have more of these lightweight felts? I’ve wanted one since I saw Randy’s.

8. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

No, they are from Agnoulita and are very small so too limited to carry in stock any longer. Tim @purebeaver has Fepsa 95gr lightweight felts and he says they are amazing. Very pricey and limited colours but I am tempted to try one for myself.

9. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I checked and Tim's colours in the 95gr are Cypress, Commando, Iron...all darker colours nothing light at all. If he had anything in a light summer colour I would jump for certain.