Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simmons Bilt "Vintage Cafe Racer" (42)

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
SB Steerhide "Vintage" Racer in black CXL Steerhide in size 42 from early 2019.

Truly "Bilt" like a tank. This hide eats Vanson´s Comp Weight or even Horween´s CXL Horse for breakfast.
Very heavy but remarkably easy to wear due to the full "Action Back".

Black Cotton Drill Lining; two inside pockets with stud-closing.

P2P: 23,2"
Shoulder: 18,7"
Sleeves: 27"
Back 26,2"
Hem: 21,2"

Asking EUR 450 (plus EUR 50 for shipping outside EU)

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
image 3.jpg
image 4.jpg
image 2.jpg
image 5.jpg
image 6.jpg
image.jpg
image 7.jpg
image 8.jpg
image 9.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I have been asked for additional data:

Weight is 3,2 kg (weighted on a normal scale, so perhaps with some error margin); sleeve straight down is 25,6" (pls. see photo).

image 10.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! It’s a great jacket and used to be a favourite for road trips. I just had to realise I’m not wearing it often enough anymore. There will be a new home. Still plenty of life in this one…

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have the SB British Cafe Racer in Clayton. The cut is perfect for me and easily the best fitting cafe racer Off The Rack I have ever tried.
GLWS

gtrplyr

A-List Customer
Can you confirm the chest measurement? From the pic (very hard to read) it looks like the tape measure is over hanging on the left side by at least a few cm. Even if it's right on, the right side appears to be at 57.5cm which is 22.68 inches.

Thanks!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Can you confirm the chest measurement? From the pic (very hard to read) it looks like the tape measure is over hanging on the left side by at least a few cm. Even if it's right on, the right side appears to be at 57.5cm which is 22.68 inches.

Thanks!

Yes, I see what you mean. Upon re-measuring, P2P appears closer to a 23" flat.

Here´s what´s creating the appearance of an "overhang":

I measure by flattening the jacket as much as I can and stretching the chest without forcing it. Then I press the measure tape down with both hands to have it measure as close to the hide as possible.
When I release both jackets and tape to take the picture, the jackets shrinks back and isn´t perfectly flat anymore due to the heavy and stiff hide. At the same time the measure-tape "floats" over the jacket.

A lot of words for an unsatisfactory result, I know. If you want to go ahead with the discussion, I will ask my wife over the next days for a "second pair of hands", and let you have a more meaningful photo.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
EUR 360 (plus shipping outside EU). It is a really nice jacket, guys!

Truly "Bilt" like a tank. This hide eats Vanson´s Comp Weight or even Horween´s CXL Horse for breakfast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider