Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Simon James Cathcart Leather Jacket?

crispyfresh

New in Town
I've been looking at this SJC leather jacket for a couple of weeks now. I have zero experience with buying leather products from them. The jacket costs $539 U.S. dollars. My primary desire is the vintage style of the jacket. I'm not particular on how it fits or anything like that. Its primarily the styling. Is this a good investment?

https://simonjamescathcart.com/collections/outerwear/products/black-leather-33-jacket

SJC_london_vintageleatherjacket_blackleather_vintagejacket-22_1024x1024.jpg

crispyfresh

New in Town
I bought the wool/leather version of this jacket in navy blue and own the plaid 33 jacket currently. I love their stuff. It’s well made and very affordable. I was super tempted by the goatskin jacket myself. I might go back for that one depending on how the wool shakes out.
I have a sizing question. I'm currently a 42 chest, but I'm going to get BACK down to a 40 chest as I'm currently losing weight again as a goal. I intend to layer a sweater under it at times. Nothing very thick. Should I stick with a 42 size or should I order the 40 size?

I have a sizing question. I'm currently a 42 chest, but I'm going to get BACK down to a 40 chest as I'm currently losing weight again as a goal. I intend to layer a sweater under it at times. Nothing very thick. Should I stick with a 42 size or should I order the 40 size?
I have a size 40” 33. I’m 5’11 197lbs. I ordered another 40” as I find these run large. Sorry for the marked up pics, jacket is with Dena right now and she’s adding leather cuffs but you can see this 40” is far from a tight fit.
78A309A1-B88B-4900-8097-498522BC05B4.jpeg

Edward

Bartender
Probably best to drop them a line. Simon has a couple of folks running comms these days, should be able to clarify. I don't know whether the leather version is the same cut as the wool or not. I have quite a few SJC products - shirts, caps, polos, suits, jeans and a first-run wool 33 jacket. All superb. Not owned a leather yet, but if they are up to the same standard they will be very nice indeed. Certainly competitively priced. That half belt looks very nice, though the one I feel calling to me is the Grizzly. At the sort of price these are they are by no means cheap, but certainly markedly cheaper than my usual, which, for a style I've not tried before and don't know how often I'd wear, has a definite appeal. What I particularly like about these is that (even with the halfbelt to an extent, though it *is* a very classic look) they do have a bit of a vibe of their own rather than looking much like any of the other labels' I like's house-style. The hardware looks nice too - that's where a lot of the more affordable options fall down, in my opinion.

Edward

Bartender
I have a size 40” 33. I’m 5’11 197lbs. I ordered another 40” as I find these run large. Sorry for the marked up pics, jacket is with Dena right now and she’s adding leather cuffs but you can see this 40” is far from a tight fit.
View attachment 375186

Leather cuffs would be a nice touch. I see the current wool 33 has added a leather top on the collar.

crispyfresh

New in Town
They really up’d their game with the latest 33. Leather collar, leather Halfbelt, fully lined and cuff straps. I can’t wait to receive it. I have no doubt it will see tons of use!
I emailed them my sizing question just to make sure. The jacket doesn't ship until the end of the month. I would hate to wait that long and find out I might have to return it. I like the jacket you already own. Thanks for posting it.

Dessy10

New in Town
Now available on SJC black Friday sale. Extra 20% off with BONUS20. All in £160 inc. postage [in UK] for my one. Still to arrive so can't review but been very impressed with other items from Simon James Cathcart

Reactions: Zoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yitaro