Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sisal straw

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I am very pleased with my Tesi sisal.

No problems with the sloppy brim as seen on most Panama`s - and light weight with a very nice sheen. How do the Panama afficianado`s rate Sisal hats?

Hats001.jpg

Hungarytom...any opinions?

TopSpin

New in Town
I like it a lot--brim may be a bit long for my tastes, but otherwise...

Where'd you come about such a hat? (I'm in the market)

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

My experiences with sisal straw hats is that they are quite nice - while they last. Any sisal I've had tended to dry out and become brittle after a year or so. Then, too, I tend to use them as farming hats so they're out in the sun for hours on end. That might just have something to do with it!

I've not had the same issue with Milan straw hats. But, then they don't wind up being worn out in the sun as much because they're too nice to use as a farming hat!

I can't talk about how long a Panama lasts as I've only had a couple Panamas for a year now. I have seen a lot of vintage Panama hats around, though, so it appears that they last well for decades. I do like the cloth-like feel of a Panama the best of any straw hat I've ever had, so I wear my Panamas for non-farming work the most often since I got my first one a year ago. :)

Later!

Stan

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Thanks everyone. TopSpin, I agree - I would prefer a 2 1/4, but it only comes in 2.5" or 3". It`s from one of the sponsors on the banner above...a fine service they provide by net order. Into Japan through customs within a week. Thanks Steve from Bencraft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112