Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Size Conversion Help

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
I have some questions about converting a US coat size, to European sizes. I'm sure this has been addressed as part of another thread, but didn't have much luck with the search feature.

I'm looking to buy a raincoat, and it's going to be a special order, so I want to be able to order the correct size.

Normally, I will wear a US 46, or even a 46L depending on the cut. I'm 6' tall, and wear a 17x35 shirt. A lot of times with the US cut, the arm holes will be too big, and there is a big problem with the sleeve length, and "ride-up."

They say, to add 10 to a US size, to get a EU size. Which would make my size a 56.

I have a similar version of the coat, in a size 56. The back and sleeve length are great. Armholes are great, the sleeves don't ride up. The chest and shoulders fit, when I am standing with my arms at my side. But, if I raise my arms, into a 'driving' position, the coat is tight in the upper arm. Toward the front, (bicep) area.

Will going to a 58 fix that, or will I need even more room? Is there a measurement I can take to verify my size?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112