Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sizing for Dents leather gloves?

Lorinz

Familiar Face
I was considering buying some leather gloves from Dents, however I wasn't sure about the sizing. Do you get their gloves true to size, or are you supposed to size down? I watched a video review and the guy said they got their gloves true to size, but they were a little too big, and said to size down half a size. I'm measure and am a size 7.5, do I get their gloves true to size, or size down to a size 7?

The video:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How was the fit? I'd be wearing them for fashion, and want a snug fit to match the style, so I'd want to avoid them being loose.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I don't think it's even possible to wear thin unlined gloves loose without them falling off. Naturally, the outer leather of the fur lined pair isn't as snug, because the thick fur lining is snug.

Lorinz

Familiar Face
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I don't think it's even possible to wear thin unlined gloves loose without them falling off. Naturally, the outer leather of the fur lined pair isn't as snug, because the thick fur lining is snug.

What I mean is I wouldn't want there to be space in the tips of the fingers and such. In the video I saw the guy said that he measured as a size 7.5, and bought a pair in the same size. The glove fit ok, but there was some extra room in the palm and especially the fingertips, which is why he suggested to size down half a size for a snug fit. I just wasn't sure how accurate this is. I've seen some other people claiming similar, although that was in regards to leather gloves in general, not Dents.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Extra space in the fingertips isn’t going to be fixed by downsizing. Your own fingers may not be the exact length of the gloves. In that case, consider a custom pair from Chester Jeffries.

Goel

A-List Customer
Extra space in the fingertips isn’t going to be fixed by downsizing. Your own fingers may not be the exact length of the gloves. In that case, consider a custom pair from Chester Jeffries.
Unfortunately they went out of business.

Lorinz

Familiar Face
I looked around some more, so far guides I see on fitting leather gloves say if you are an inbetween size, you size down for a tighter fit; ie. if you are a size 7.7, you'd round down to a size 7.5 for a tighter fitting glove. What I want to know is, what do you do if you are exactly one of the predetermined sizes? Do you still go down half a size if you want a tighter fit, or would it be too tight? By my measurements I actually am 7.5, so should I just get the 7.5, or would it be better to get a 7 since I do want a tighter fit? Would 7 end up being too tight or not?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk