Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slippery insoles

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Among most mid-high end boots, there’s one major gripe I have about them, just want to share. That is, the food bed/insole being too slippery.

This is the part of the insole that the ball/sole of our foot stands on. Most shoes has a glue-on heel leather or arch support that carry the brands name, then from mid foot forward its the natrual veg tanned leather insole.

Blisters develop due to friction and heat. So if the insole is slippery, the foot/ball of foot slips and develop blisters.

Many makers use glazed/smoothed veg leather for this part and therefore is very slippery unless you wear barefoot.

Non-slippery ones are Red Wing, Alden, Crocket Jones, some Fyre, Wesco, Whites, and most cheap main street brands due to the use of non-leather material. But Viberg, RoleClub, MF, are all too slippery to walk on.

The slippery leather is considered high quality than untreated crude surface, but we need the rough surface! The rough surface helps grip and breaking the boots much more easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dm101

A-List Customer
I've never had any of the high end boots you listed, but I have had high end shows before and I hated the slippery leather inside them. Combined with dress socks it made for a dangerously unstable walk. Luckily they were church shoes given to me as a gift.
Went back to wearing combat boots shortly thereafter on Sundays.
Well...every day.
Lol...

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A solution is to find an extended tool that you can wrap a sand paper at the tip, and reach inside and sand around, it deletes the fancy slippery design but makes the shoe whole lot better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dm101

A-List Customer
I agree!
Makes me wonder what my Dremel tool could do to help fix the issue....
It'd be the perfect size to fit down in the boot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk